Is it possible to make my own Mini Database of AcousticID Fingerprints?

So, I've just spent the last 2 months, fixing my music. and I have alot of personal custom changes I've had to do to every track and album as needed. I.E:

Adding: [Live Acoustic Album] To album names as needed.
Adding: [Deluxe Edition] To albums as needed.
Adding: [YEAR Remaster] as needed.
Changing: (Acoustic) to: [Studio Acoustic] or [Live: Acoustic]
Adding Original band the Cover song is of as needed.
Adding: [Live: Album Name/Or Date/Or Location] as needed per track.
And about a thousand other Examples.

It's taken a lot of time, and a lot of work. Hours and hours and hours every day.

So I was wondering if there was a way with mp3Tag, to create my own database of my own tags with the AcousticID fingerprints. then access that later as needed?

So if I ever needed to do it again, update it, etc. all my personal changes I've made would stay.

In fact, as I've only done this to my Phone/Ipod/Streaming Music/ Folder, it would make it much much easier to do it to my main music folder, when I start to tackle that, So I don't have to do all this work all over again. (Before you ask, why don't I just copy it over? - My mobile music, I have converted to anywhere from between 128kbps - 192kbps, while keeping the original quality in my main folder intact, also my mobile music are not all full albums, many are just the tracks I like, and going through 1 folder at a time, to find what is/isn't missing, would be just as tedious as starting all over again.)

Thank you.

I suspect that fingerprints refer to the audio part of the file and MP3tag does not deal with the audio part, the answer is simply: no. The answer is also no in respect to "database" as MP3tag does not maintain a database.
If you have the acoustid as (numeric) identifier, there might be a way to transfer the tags between files with the help of text files.

On the topic of the different folders:
You can copy and paste tags from one file to the other irrespective of the bitrate.
In general I would recommend a different workflow: tag the "good" folder first, then copy the files for the mobile devices to a dedicated folder and modify the bitrate there.

A text File to save the tags, and look in is fine, or an excel file even, would work.

and yeah, my tags are a mess, At one point i Manually tagged and organized them. but then MusicBrainz came along, and that helped fixed some. but messed up more. and in my recent endeavors of tagging/renaming/organizing, i've completely come up with a new system for how I want my tags/filenames, and i've gone through and changed them all to be consistent througha ll my mobile device files. But they have been separated for quite sometime, so it made sense to start with them. as they would be the ones in most use. then i could work on the other ones, on and off, as time permits. - if the files weren't already separted and mostly tagged, as I had them before, I would have just done the main folder, then copied them over for the mobile devices. but that just wasn't possible in an effective manor.

Regarding AcousticID fingerprints see this thread ...
/t/13211/1

DD.20150501.0951.CEST

Wow that thread was hard to read, not being in english. - Google Translate helped a bit. So that AcoustID says I can get the AcoustiID for each track. save it in the mp3. and they have a database, i can even use a local database, but they don't have a tool to import data to that database.

Could I use mp3Tag to extract the data from my files, to add to the local database? then use that to re-tag my files later, keeping my personal naming scheme that I've created?

It says: you get an output with 3 pieces of data:
"1.) FILE=Dateiname.mp3
2.) DURATION=259 (die erkannte Liedlänge)
3.) FINGERPRINT=AQADtI-icJEkPMOzSRnc...."

If this is a text file or you can redirect the output to a text file (as it is a cmd-tool, you might use the ">" redirection to create a text file), you can import the acoustid form the text file - as you use it locally, it does not matter, in which field you store it, so that you can easily create user-defined field (or fields).
You can then use this id to compare files ... a "database" is not really necessary for this as you compare files.
You will have a permanent to-an-fro between text files and Mp3tag for this comparison, I think.

Yeah. The problem comes in with Singles, EPs, Greatest Hits, compilation albums, tributes, soundtracks, etc. Where the same song could be on multiple releases. Then there's the problem of different versions of the song, remix, acoustic, etc that also could be detected as the same. Depending on how different it is in the first 120 seconds.

Also I'd need to run it to put the tags in the mp3s. then I'd need mp3tag to read the mp3 tags and export them. As well as my added/changed tags. Mostly album, title, genre. But I've added a few custom tags, soundtrack_type, tributetype, etc. To some. So those as well. Then I would need mp3tag to read from that text file. And match the acoustic, band, album (without anything in the brackets) I'd assume would solve most of the issues, but maybe that would cause me issues. I dunno. Then when it finds a match for the track, add the correct tags from that text file.

Maybe you need not an acoustic fingerprint, but a unique number, ...
so called GUID Globally Unique Identifier
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_Unique_Identifier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_unique_identifier

DD.20150502.0829.CEST

That would be good. Except I'd need a way to get the GuId in every file currently tagged and the ones that aren't so they can match up to sync the tags. That's why the AcoustID say mentioned as a possibility to that. In fact in some cases I have different releases of the same album from separate countries (different bonus tracks and all.)

Creating a GUID is a basic system function of all modern operating systems.
I wonder why Mp3tag does not support this.
There are many GUID tools around in the world.

Me too, I made one for my needs.
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=387b58366897...6897AC93%211772
Download ...

• DDGUID.zip
  • 20131129.GUID.Generator.104.zip
    Install the DDGUID component and copy the hta file to a folder of your wish.

It is useful to create a "Mp3tag tool" ...

Name: GUID &Generator
Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe
... (I am still on Win XP) ...
... on modern systems "mshta.exe" might be located at some other place, ...
Parameter: "... full path to the hta script ... \20131129.GUID.Generator.104.hta"

It is useful to create a "Mp3tag action group" ...

Begin Action Group MyMusic Import#&1 Import GUID from textfile

Action #1
Actiontype 14: Import text file
Field __: TMP_GUID
Filename: ... filepath to ... \GUID.txt

Action #2
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: TMP_GUID
Formatstring: $regexp(%TMP_GUID%,'\r\n','\\')

Action #3
Actiontype 5: Format value
Field ______: DD_GUID
Formatstring: $meta(TMP_GUID,$sub(%_counter%,1))

Action #4
Actiontype 9: Remove fields
Fields to remove (semicolon separated): TMP_GUID

End Action Group MyMusic Import#&1 Import GUID from textfile (4 Actions)

(Note: The $meta function has a limit of about 1000 items.)

The workflow is ...

1. Select the file/s.
  2. Invoke Mp3tag context menu, execute "Tools/GUID Generator".
    3.1. Use the GUID Generator HTA user interface.
    3.2. Save GUID number/s to textfile.
  3. Execute Mp3tag action "Import GUID from textfile".

For me this procedure works since years.

DD.20150502.1026.CEST

I apologize I also meant. Every tagged and untagged files. And for the duplicates I would need the same Guid to be added. That's the issue. Otherwise that would be a great way to synchronize the tags between them.

There should be no issue.
You should make clear for yourself, within your library, how a "duplicate file" is defined.
Does it be allowed for you, to speak about a "duplicate" between WAV file and compressed MP3 file, when they have the same music?

It is recommended, for each physical existing file, to tag it with its own GUID (the globally unique identifier).
Only in case of the audio part is identical for two files, so they have the identical acoustic fingerprint, there is a duplicate.

Such an audio related duplicate file might have been released in different context, ...
as single, as album, as compilation, ...
... but it is unique to the world within the given context.

DD.20150505.0837.CEST

Yeah. that's true but for my online music folder. That has 48,000 mp3s. They are all tagged correctly. And how I want them. But they are all copies from my main music folder. I want to find a way to move the tags from those mp3s to my main music folder so I don't have to re tag them manually one at a time. So the guid won't work in that case unless I could match the same guid between each duplicate copy. Even the hash won't work. Cause I recovered many of them down to 128k to save space. The acousticId would kinda work. But mess up on the singles/greatest hits/compilations, that all have the exact same file. As it couldn't tell the difference between each release. Hmm.

For simple copying the entire tag from one media file to another media file, you can manually "copy and paste" using the Mp3tag Clipboard, this works for one file as good as for a group of files.
Both groups of files must be in the Mp3tag listview, ordered in the same way.

DD.20150505.0902.CEST

So since the 'title' tag will be different for each track (added specific info mostly to differentiate them from our versions.) would I need to cooy/paste for each track separately? Or could I load I dunno both copies of several different albums and copy/paste To them all at once?

If so. Then that could be a viable option. If not. And I have to do them one at a time. Then it'd be easier to just tag them all over again from scratch.