Is there still not a placeholder for folder total files?

I would like to create an action where "total tracks" are automatically filled with the number of files in the folder without using "%_total_files%" because that puts the number of files I'm working on. With a placeholder for how many files the folder contains, I could load multiple files from multiple folders. Is there any way I could do this?

Yes.
Either drag and drop the folders you want to load from the explorer or use the "Add folder" function

Just a side note: Not all files that you see in MP3tag represent the files in a folder.
A folder could also contain files that MP3tag does not support.
Also, a filter could show fewer files of a folder than are actually present.
But as you do not tell us what your use-case is, it is a little hard to tell you whether there is

I already know I can load multiple files from multiple folders.. My question was, is there a placeholder for how many files a folder contains? It would be very convenient for me.

You can find all available placeholders in the documentation:

No. There is no placeholder to show this property.

I use a simple method to fill the tracktotal field.

1. Open all music files of all those libraries in Mp3tag. Sort them by %_path%. Select them all.
  2. Click Auto-numbering Wizard. Select checkboxes: Save total count of tracks + Reset counter for each directory. Click: OK.
  3. Run the Action Group below. (First place it in your %appdata%\Mp3tag\data\actions\ folder.)

Spelling corrections#Track number#Delete leading 0 + get tracktotal.mta (293 Bytes)

(I searched for this. Although it is a simple solution, no one has yet explained it in detail. There always are beginners.)

It may be worthwhile to first save the original data from the TRACK field in a user-defined field to restore that data e.g. if the computed totals do not match the totals in a particular album.

Also, I would like to point out that any attempt to use PATH or similar properties to see "files in a folder" only shows the files handled by MP3tag. You don't see all the other files like txt, jpg, png, lrc etc.

I only use it for, what JPMusic wants:

In this case, I think, neither is necessary. Only the music files need to be counted. But, of course, the Action Group can be supplemented according to individual needs.

Ohh... But yes, in the Settings >> Tags >> Restrict incoming files to only music files, excluding even cuesheets. It never occurred to me, that anyone would want to open other files in Mp3tag.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.