iTunes just shows Info for track 1,2 5,6,7, but not tracks 3 & 4

I have a problem in iTunes with Tracks 3 and 4 that do not show up AT ALL, but tracks 1,2,5,6,7 do show up. (I uploaded the whole folder to iTunes).

When I look at Windows Explorer, I see all the tracks, and tracks 1,2 5,6,7 have details in Title, Contributing Artists and Album fields, but tracks 3 & 4 do not.

In mp3tag, Tracks 3 & 4 show Title & Artists fields, but not in Windows Explorer.

In mp3tag, if I look at the Extended tags, Tracks 1,2,4,5,6,7 show hex data in the COMMENT ITUNENORM field, but not tracks 3 or 4 (compare BOTH uploaded files). This appears to be the only difference between the files that DO show up in iTunes and those that DO NOT.

Perhaps this is not the reason, but it is the only difference that I can find.

Why do tracks 1,2,5,6,7 show in iTunes, and not tracks 3,4?

Do you have the same kind of tag versions (APE, V2.3, V2.4) in the files?
Are the files OK (have you checked them with mp3val or mp3diags?)
Do you have an active search in itunes running that does not match the tracks?
Why do you ask MP3tag if this is an itunes problem?

Thank you Ohrenkino, for your comments.

All files have the same tag versions (ID3v2.3)(ID3v1 ID3v2.3).
All the files were converted by iTunes from an original CD that I own.
I do not have any active searches in iTunes running
iTunes seems to keep altering the tags that a music file needs to show in iTunes, so I use mp3tag to edit all the tags in each music file selection. But, it is a never ending job trying to keep up with iTunes- they keep altering things and making it difficult to find files when you import them into iTunes.

Question: Can I safely delete (in mp3tag) all the COMMENT ITUNES related field values in my Tchaikovsky files? These are:
COMMENT ITUNES_CDDB_IDS
COMMENT ITUNNORM
COMMENT ITUNPGAP
COMMENT ITUNSMPB

and then re-import the files into iTunes?

I have now got around this problem. What I found was that iTunes had not converted most of the tracks at all. The time of these tracks were showing up as 0.01 seconds, instead of their real time duration. So, I re-imported all the tacks with Windows Media Player, and used mp3tag to copy over all the tag information that I had previously corrected. (Why is the tag information so terrible?).

Anyway, now when I Add Folder to Library in iTunes, it worked perfectly. Don't know why iTunes made so many errors in converting the .CDA tracks to .mp3 files. It was a very slow process compared to Windows Media Player.

Yes.

This error probably would have been reported by MP3val ...

Also: neither WMP nor iTunes are really good converters for CDs. You might try CDex or other freeware. (CDex lets you replace the lame.dll with the latest version, if required).

I downloaded CDex and went to install it, but the Licence Agreement stated that the install would also install stuff (PUP.OpenCandy) that I did not want to install, so I aborted the install. Here is the section of the Licence Agreement that I did not like:
B. OpenCandy End User License Agreement (EULA)
Date of last revision: March 7, 2012
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THE SOFTWARE. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE GRANTING US PERMISSION TO PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND THE TERMS OF OUR PRIVACY POLICY.

What followed was not agreeable to me, so I aborted the install.

I wouldn't want that also.

Here are two hints on how to avoid that:

1. cut the internet connection during install - this will disable the opencandy installer.
  2. or start the setup program with the command line switch /nocandy