itunsmpb & itunnorm tag in comment field

So I have many mp3s that have 3 separate comment fields, and I want to eliminate both the itunNorm one and the itunmpb one. These are both followed by a long string of hexadecimal numbers, so I can't just find and replace.

I followed the directions in this post (here), but I can't figure out how to remove both fields. I've fiddled around with the actions with no luck.

Using the action to only remove the itunNorm comment leaves me with a comment equal to "Comment I Want Itunsmpb:00000000 00000210 00000af0 00000000007eab80 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000"

Any ideas?

Brian

You should install the Development Build
It makes it easier to remove these kind of comments (via ALT+T dialog or actions)

I installed the development build, but I still don't see how it's easier to remove those tags. Alt+T is impractical because there are many, many files. The actions I have still do the same thing. I see that there is the remove field option in the actions, but how do I only remove the bad comments while keeping the good?

Thanks.

Ok, if you tagged the files with the normal 2.35 version, the comments will look the same way.
Then you must use the old action group. You can try to edit it and add this action as third action:

Action type: Replace with regular expressions
Field: COMMENT
Regular expression: ITUNSMPB:\s*0{8}( [0-9A-Z]{8}){2}( [0-9A-Z]{16})( 0{8}){8}
Replace matches with:

If you take a new file directly from iTunes (not modifed by Mp3tag), you should notice in the Tags window 2 new fields:
COMMENT ITUNNORM and
COMMENT ITUNSMPB

So now you have a different comment tags display seperated by names. ALT+T also works for multiple selected files.
Or you can create an Remove fields with the value:
COMMENT ITUNNORM;COMMENT ITUNSMPB

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try when I get in to work tomorrow and report my findings back here.

Brian

So I added the Replace with Regular Expression action listed above to the one from the other post about the iTunNorm problem, and using the two of those, it worked fine. So far anyway (about 600 files or so).

I'll be importing a whole new batch from itunes soon (probably next week) and I'll see if the second suggestion works with those and the development build of mp3tag.

Oh, and I realize alt+t works on multiple files, but it was only showing me one comment field. I guess that will be different if I bring in new files to the new mp3tag.

Thank you very much for the help. I couldn't figure out how to make the right expression.

Brian

This is exactly what I need. Did you update the MTA file from the other person or did you create another one? If you have the file could you upload/post it? I am a newbie and cant' seem to find out how to actually edit the MTA file.

[#0]
T=8
F=COMPOSER
1=\u00a4

[#1]
T=4
F=COMMENT
1=iTunNORM: ( [0-9A-Z]{8}){10}
2=
3=0

[#2]
T=2
F=COMMENT
1=\u00a4
2=
3=0|0

Obviously these values must be documented somewhere but can't find them? Is there a doc or tutorial on the mta file format and codes?

Thanks

Can you show a screenshot of your tags from View > Extended Tags [Alt+T] please?

You should edit the mta file within Mp3tag in the actions dialog [Alt+5]

I've just realized in my example action file, COMPOSER is used instead of COMMENT, you must change this.
But again check first if you have multiple comment tags or different tags (screenshot).