Logging converter tag -> filename

I'm looking for a way to generate a log file where all changes that mp3tag applies to a file are written.

Background: I've got a large collection of lossless audio files (ripped my complete CD collection) that was built over the last 2 or 3 years and is stored on hard drives and DVDs (backup). Over the years I adapted my way of tagging thoses files to what now suites my needs. But more than 50% of the collection is different. So I started to re-tag/rename those files/albums to the current "standard" (AMG tags, embedded cover art, etc).

Problem: If I'm in the need to restore files from my DVD backups I'll have to run through these procedures all over again. So my idea was to record all these actions and have some sort of script apply them in case of restores. As far as tags are concerned this could be done easily with export scripts. But the renames? The initial idea was to use the "preview" of the converter, but I found out that it doesn't match the actual renaming that's applied. Example:

"Deep Purple - Purpendicular\05.ape" ->
"Deep Purple - Purpendicular\05_Cascades: I'm Not Your Lover.ape"

Title: Cascades: I'm Not Your Lover
Renaming rule: $num(%track%,2)_%title%
Resulting filename: 05_Cascades I'm Not Your Lover.ape

(-> The replacement of the illegal character ':' is not reported here.)

Is this intended behaviour or a bug?
Any idea out there if that's what I'd like to do is possible with mp3tag?

.sundance.