Looking for help with the batch job to replace accented and non english characters

I'm looking to replace all the accented characters in my file names and title-artist field with regular english characters.

Its about 500 tracks.

Any help

I'm on Mac

I once made a quick one in my scripts with 20 regex : have fun :

$regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp($regexp(Mystring,'À|Á|Â|Ã|Ä|Å|Æ|à|á|â|ã|ä|å|æ|Ā|ā|Ă|ă|ą','a'),'Ç|ç|Ć|ć|Ĉ|ĉ|Ċ|ċ|Č|č','c'),'È|É|Ê|Ë|Ð|ð|Ē|ē|Ĕ|ĕ|Ė|ė|Ę|ę|Ě|ě','e'),'Ì|Í|Î|Ï|ì|í|î|ï|Ĩ|ĩ|Ī|ī|Ĭ|ĭ|Į|İ|ı|IJ|ij','i'),'ñ|Ń|ń|Ņ|ņ|Ň|ň|ʼn|Ŋ|ŋ','n'),'ò|ó|ô|õ|ö|ø|Ō|ō|Ŏ|ŏ|Ő|ő|Œ|œ','o'),'ù|ú|û|ü|Ũ|ũ|ū|Ŭ|ŭ|Ů|ů|Ű|ű|Ų|ų','u'),'ý|ÿ|Ŷ|ŷ|Ÿ','y'),'Þ|þ','p'),'ß|Ś|ś|Ŝ|ŝ|Ş|ş|Š|š|ſ','s'),'Ď|ď|Đ|đ','d'),'Ĝ|ĝ|Ğ|ğ|Ġ|ġ|Ģ|ģ','g'),'Ĥ|ĥ|Ħ|ħ','h'),'Ĵ|ĵ','j'),'Ķ|ķ|ĸ','k'),'Ĺ|ĺ|Ļ|ļ|Ľ|ľ|Ŀ|ŀ|Ł|ł','l'),'Ŕ|ŕ|Ŗ|ŗ|Ř|ř','r'),'Ţ|ţ|Ť|ť|Ŧ|ŧ','t'),'Ŵ|ŵ','w'),'Ź|ź|Ż|ż|Ž|ž','z')

1 Like

Thank you very much.

I'm also trying to remove invalid characters that will not work in Windows.

things like ", ? etc in file names

I had a look at this thread but i'm not getting any joy

You can enable the configuration setting Preferences → General → Replace invalid NTFS characters to let Mp3tag replace them automatically when renaming.

1 Like

I've removed some posts in this topic that referenced scripting functions not available on the Mac version of Mp3tag.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have this enabled already, just not sure if its working.

Does it check folder names as well?

Eg i have all my Music in one Folder lets call this "DJ MUSIC"

This has subfolders and some of them date back to when i was using i-tunes to manage my music (bad bad bad idea). I have not done this in the last 10 years. I no longer manage my music this way - I use my own structure now basically Genre as Folder and files go into that.

So i have Folders like

• D'Angelo with his albums has subfolder
  • Beyoncé folder with her albums as well

These all work perfectly on Mac btw, but trying to use same drive on windows i have ran into trouble with these illegal characters.