(mac) Creating directories when tag fields include " / " characters

I'd like to sort all of my directories (currently formatted < '['%catalognumber%']' %albumartist% - %album%>) into a few directories based on the value of the %physicalmedia% tags I've given them (vinyl, CD, cassette). In attempting to do this; I ran the following action group:

field: _DIRECTORY
string: %physical media% / '['%catalognumber%']' %albumartist% - %album%

This worked great for about 3/8ths of the albums. The other 5/8ths in one way or another had a "/" character in one of the tag fields. Causing a new subdirectory to get created wherever the command encountered a "/".

Let me just put it very, very lightly when I say that undoing this error to a collection of 3164 directories was not, in any way, shape, or form, in any reality, dimension, galaxy, afterlife, what would be considered "fun" so on that note; how do I do this without ever having to undo that problematic outcome again?

Enclose the fields in which you suspect a / to be present with
$replace(%fieldname%,/,_)
to replace the slash with an underscore.

If you use an abolute path you could move the current (extra) folder to its intended level without manually renaming files or folders.

I mean it could be anything; in the catalog number, in the album artist (any album that's a split or collaboration might have a slash in the name), any double album or b/w single... I'm kind of confused about what I'm supposed to do with this.

What would the string look like, if my absolute path look something like...

/Volumes/EHD1/MusicArchive/<<%xxx%>>

If you really only have the %xxx% as field reference, then it would be:
Volumes/EHD1/MusicArchive/$replace(%xxx%,/,_)

If the %xxx% is more like

Then the string could look like:
String: Volumes/EHD1/MusicArchive/%physical media% /'['$replace(%catalognumber%,/,_)']' $replace( %albumartist% - %album%,/,_)

<<%xxx%>> was placeholder for anything, lemme try out this string tho

Can you help me backpedal through whats happening here when I try to paste that string in:

I think that the definition for catlognumber is not quite correct - $replace() should contain a slash instead of a space.

I have it looking like this now; however when I execute the string, nothing happens.

You could check out every part of the expression in the preview of Convert>Tag-Filename. and then see what the result of each part would be. Do not execute the converter, just have a look at the preview.

WAIT there's a " instead on an ', think we got it here