Malware scan false positive?

FYI - The latest windows MP3Tag updater file gets flagged by acronis as malware when scanned by virustotal.com

I don't see this from the VirusTotal report. There is one false positive, but from Jiangmin not from Acronis.

After trying again, I agree, must have misread their double table columns...
Knowing you and your app for as long as I have I feel safe treating this as a false positive but wanted to bring it to your attention as others less familiar might not give you the benefit of the doubt...

1 Like

After installing the new Mp3tag v3.11 also Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus has started to see the saved Mp3tagSettings.zip as a Trojan virus. Maybe a false positive too. They have to register it as not a Trojan virus.

Do you really mean the Security Essentials which have to be installed for older Windows-Versions before version 8 or do you mean the windows-defender, that is delivered with Windows 8 or later?

TheMicrosoft defender does not see MP3TagSettings.zip as a trojan here.

The MS Security Essentials for Windows 7 sees Mp3tagSettings.zip as a Trojan Virus.

You are lucky according to this discontinuation info

Although support for Windows 7 ended on 14 January 2020 Microsoft will continue to update virus definitions for existing users until 2023.