Manual Copy/Paste Within Data Field Box

With the latest update (2.57) I am again unable to paste data into a data field using either the Ctrl-V keyboard shortcut or with the mouse RightClick-Paste.

For example, I want to copy the Composer data to one of the other files in the folder. I highlight the Composer data and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl-C). I then go to the target file and click inside the Composer data field, but when I try to Paste the data nothing happens. This is true if I am using either the keyboard or mouse shortcut.

I have verified that the data IS in the clipboard by going out to Notepad and successfully Pasting the data into a text document.

This was happening with a previous version of MP3Tag, but was subsequently resolved in the next version. It started happening again when I upgraded to 2.57. I reinstalled the software today using the posted Development Build but it did not resolve the issue.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit if it matters. I'm not sure whether to report this as a bug, or if it is something I am doing wrong. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks in advance for any help! Peace!

Check if the files also have APE tags.
Check the settings in Tools>Options>Mpeg.
Do you read but do not write APE tags?

The best setting would be to only delete APE tags.
Then cut and paste the complete tag (using the special function for tags in the context menu of the files list).
Check if the behaviour prevails.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried changing those settings and I'm still having the problem. Also the problem occurs with all MP3 files, whether or not they have APE tags.

For some reason I just cannot manually paste text into the data fields with this upgrade.

I think I remember a case of corrupted mp3tag.cfg file. so if you could close mp3tag, rename mp3tag.cfg and start mp3tag again and check whether it works now.
But as looks like a very local problem, I cannot give you any better advice than to go by trial&error.