Massively name different rows from a text file to an mp3file column

Hello friends
I have a question to ask you. I would be very grateful if you help me with this. I want to name a large list of names in the "interpreter" column of mp3tag. Doing it manually is a journey of several months, lol, because there are tens of thousands of files to rename.

That is why I have been trying to find a way to do this in a more massive or automatic way.

I have a file with extension ".txt" (I uploaded an image). That file contains thousands of rows. Each row is the name I want to place inside a column of mp3tag.

I have uploaded 2 images to better explain what I need to do.

P.S:
I don't know if these images were uploaded well or not. So I uploaded them to this other server in case they haven't been uploaded well.

https://i.ibb.co/R3zmVcy/img1-b-copy-these-rows-from-a-txt-file.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/W6sdFZW/img2-copy-to-this-column.jpg

Any helpful help is welcome.

As you described: if you do not have the filename as part of the data then the order of records in the text file has to match that of the files in MP3tag.
Then select the files,
execute an action of the type "Import tags from text file" with ARTIST as field.

Your MP3Tag-Screenshot shows, that the information is already in the title-tag. Why don't you just copy them to to artist-tag?
Converter Tag->Tag
Field: ARTIST
Format string: %title%

1 Like

@poster
I had to edit my post because I made a mistake when uploading the first image. Actually, the first image each row has a different name (it is not the same name of “title column.” I updated the first image because the one I uploaded was not the correct one.

@ohrenkino It was close. I tried what you explained to me. I did a test with only 10 files, but look what happened. The same rows were copied to all files, instead of each row in their respective file.

I feel like I'm close to getting it. What could have been the mistake? I need each row of the txt file to be copied respectively in each row of the Mp3Tag file column.

I am really sorry.
The action was wrong, it was supposed to be the function Convert>Text file-Tag.

1 Like

@ohrenkino
Absolutely amazing, you don't know how long I've been trying to find a solution to this. I had already manually named some 10,000 files, lol, hahaha. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel, thanks to you. I am greatly grateful. And it was so simple, but I didn't know.

I am new to this forum. Is there any way to thank you for your excellent help in this forum? Do I have to click on something?

I have done a mini tutorial on images, in case someone else has the same problem as me.

and voilá

@ohrenkino, thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.