Merge 'Lyricist: xyz' into Artist field through TEXT file.

I like to merge "Lyricist: xyz" into Artist field through TEXT file.

In text file I typed: Lyricist: xyz
from Convert menu selected 'File name - Tag'
File Name: I selected save text file path.
Format string: %artist%

In this trial it replaced original Artist field. But I like it to merge with Artist.
Ex. %artist% | Lyricist: xyz

Is there any option for merge "Lyricist: xyz" into Artist?

Note: You have nearly all options when using Mp3tag.

You have to do a multi-step process.
You can do it manually as you have described it or you can do it automated with an action group.

1. Load the external data into a temporary tag-field, choose a name, which does not collide with standard tag-field names, e. g. TMP_DATA.
  2. Merge the temporary tag-field's content with the target tag-field's content (as you have learned it before from the FAQ area).
  3. Remove the temporary tag-field.

You can create an action group and put all steps into.
Use actions "Import text file, "Format value", "Remove fields".

Hint: You need not to remove the new tag-field.
Name the tag-field LYRICIST (Mp3tag supports this tag-field in ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4).
For later purposes you can hold the lyricist data in this tag-field.

If you want to import many lyricist names into many files (1:1 relation), you can use the converter "Text file - Tag".

Method 1:
The text file contains a list of lyricist names, one name per line.
Make sure to have selected all the related files in Mp3tag list view.
In the dialog "Text file - Tag" set the Format string to use only one import placeholder:
%LYRICIST%
Press the button "Preview" to check out the situation, if good, then press "OK".

Method 2:
The text file contains a list of lyricist names, one name per line and the full filepath to the corresponding file, delimited by a special character or string.
You can choose any delimiter character or string, which is unique to the data in the text file, for example:
The name of the Lyricist~~M:\My Music\My Album\01 - My Track.mp3

In the dialog "Text file - Tag" set the Format string to define the delimited data line with Mp3tag placeholders:
%LYRICIST%~~%_path%

Make sure to have selected at least as much files in Mp3tag list view as entries in the list text file.
Mp3tag makes sure to bind each data line to the corresponding media file by the given file path.
Press the button "Preview" to check out the situation, if good, then press "OK".
Mp3tag will report on failures.

DD.20120206.0505.CET
Edit.DD.20120206.1011.CET

Hi DetlevD

Thanx for detailed information. It solved my problem.

Thanks once again