Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019

Today, I’m writing to thank you for being part of the Mp3tag community! I've loved every minute of working on Mp3tag over the past year and I hope you’ve enjoyed using it too :slight_smile:

Over the 6 releases in 2018, my highlights are definitely the Library and the new layout and configuration options for the Tag Panel. I’m already so used to those improvements that it’s hard to remember how it was before. Furthermore, I’ve added support for importing metadata via MusicBrainz v2, improved handling of huge libraries by addressing more than 2GB of RAM on 64bit machines and added support for long file paths — a massive under-the-hood change. Ah yes, and not to forget the > 120 fixed issues and > 50 other changes.

In 2018, I’ve also migrated to Discourse for running the the Mp3tag Community Forums here and moved the Discogs Image Cache from a dedicated server into a cloud-based solution (the servers are still in Germany). Those were two large infrastructure projects, which already paid back in value multiple times.

I’m also very grateful for all of you who supported me and my project with a donation (or even multiple donations!). It’s now over 2 years after I went full Indie Developer and, although challenging at times, it wouldn’t have been possible without your support. It's awesome that you’re caring and it feels very good to be backed by a crowd! Thank you whole-heartedly. :orange_heart: Your support matters.

Most importantly, I’m wishing you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a healthy and inspiring New Year 2019. :christmas_tree:

Enjoy and take care
— Florian