Move album folders to their correspondent Artist folder in another HD

Hello everyone!

I've been using Mp3tag for years now and I love it. I hope you can help me out.

I have a bunch of downloaded albums, one folder for each album.

What I want to do, if at all possible, is to move each album folder to a different HD, each to their respective artist folder.

So for example: I have two Kurt Vile albums, each one in a folder, in Disc E:

I want mp3tag to detect the artist tag, so that it sends both folders to the MAIN HD (D:) and then INTO the Kurt Vile folder that is found there. Or if there isn't a Kurt Vile folder in D: yet, then CREATE one and put the albums there.

It sounds like a lot to ask for, but I've found Mp3tag can do SO much and it's SUCH a powerful program, that it coulnd't hurt to ask. It just might be possible. I'd be willling to try, even if it takes several steps.

Right now, all my new downloaded album folders, have to be manually cut and pasted into the new HD, into each artist folder. It's a long process.

Thanks a lot to Florian for creating this wonderful program and to all of you for your help and attention. And I'm sorry for not being able to figure this out on my own, I don't speak REG EX or whatever its called.

Use absolute pathnames.
If you have an already correct number of folders on the source disc and only want to move them, use an action of the type "Format value" for _DIRECTORY

Enter the absolute pathname for the target as format string, e.g.
e:\music\%artist%\%year% - %album%

THis moves whole folders.
If you have several files in one source folder and you want to move them to several target folders, use Convert>Tag-Filename
and the mask (e.g.)
e:\music\%artist%\%year% - %album%$num(%track%,2) _ %title%

Thanks a lot for your help. I tested it on a couple folders and it works like a charm. Who knew it was so straight forward and almost easy. Thank you.