Move and format feat. to song title

Hi there,
I've been reading through all the various forums, and trying to format my own code after reading all the various threads, but can't seem to get it to work! :frowning:

What I'm trying to do is create a script that I can run on all my mp3s so that it will convert:
Artist - Title
Vato Gonzalez Ft. Foreign Beggars - Badman Riddim (Jump) (Mark Maitland Remix)

to
Artist - Title
Vato Gonzalez - Badman Riddim (Jump) (Mark Maitland Remix) (feat. Foreign Beggars)

So a song title could have up to 3 bracket groups. Would I need a seperate script for this, or would this script also work on converting:
Artist - Title
Alexandra Burke Ft. Flo Rida - Bad Boys

to
Artist - Title
Alexandra Burke - Bad Boys (feat. Flo Rida)

Would this only effect the 'Artist' field, or would it also change the 'Albumartist' field as well, for tracks such as singles?

I'm also trying to get it to change Feat. Ft. ft. all to (feat. artist) for consistency. Again, would I need another script to do this? I know it sounds quite complicated, but some song titles can have up to 3 sets of brackets!

I've tried, but so far I've failed...please help :slight_smile:
I'd love to know more about scripting and how it all works, but I can't quite get my head round it yet.

Thanks

At a first glance ... both of the given examples looks like having the same structure of text parts ...
A Ft. B - C
To:
A - C (feat. B)

I am rather sure, that such re-arrangement of text parts has been solved more than once, and the slightly different solutions can be found in some forum threads.
Do investigate all the threads containing the key word "feat" from this year, maybe from last year too.
https://community.mp3tag.de/search?q=feat+%22guess+values%22

Please show us "your script" what you have done so far.

DD.20110823.1453.CEST

To make it short ... one way to solve this task can be ...

Action: Guess values
Source format:

$regexp(%ARTIST%,'^(.+?)\s+[[({]?(?:ft\.?|feat\.?|featuring)\s+(.+?)[])}]?\s*$','$1 - '%TITLE%' (feat. $2)',1)

Format string:

%ARTIST% - %TITLE%

Artist - Title
Vato Gonzalez Ft. Foreign Beggars - Badman Riddim (Jump) (Mark Maitland Remix)
Alexandra Burke Ft. Flo Rida - Bad Boys

To:
Artist - Title
Vato Gonzalez - Badman Riddim (Jump) (Mark Maitland Remix) (feat. Foreign Beggars)
Alexandra Burke - Bad Boys (feat. Flo Rida)

DD.20110823.1527.CEST