Moving several files with same name to same folder

I have a medium sized music collection with a lot of duplicated music (same track but from different cd's etc.). All my ID3 tags are correct and now I want to order the files like this

%artist%\%title% - %artist%

All my files are named with different naming standards so while I have several duplicated files they don't have the same name, unfortunately they will have the same name after the reorganizing.

Right now they are all in the same map.

When I tried the format above I got quite a few "Cannot create a file when that file already exists." messages where you get the option to Abort, Retry or Ignore.

I figured that I would choose "Ignore" on all of them so all my duplicates would remain behind when all my other files would end up in the correct folders but I have so many duplicates that it will take an eternity to hit "Ignore" for all of them.

Is it possible to do a "move and rename, if this cause a duplicated file skip the file" or is there someway to suppress the message?

MP3TAG ver: 2.39

Is it possible to do a "move and rename, if this cause a duplicated file skip the file"
or is there someway to suppress the message?

None I know of. It would be good for that dialog to have a Do Not Ask Again checkbox.

I had a similar problem, but with the requirement to preserve duplicates. I found a workaround using on Export script creating a batch file that does the rename by copying to a new folder tree. You would use $loop,1 to eliminate the duplicates.

I ended up exporting all the ID3 info to a cvs file and then parsing it with a quickly written java program renamed the files to what I wanted and then appended a incrementing number to anu duplicated files.

Now I only need to write something to find the duplicates while letting me decided what to keep and what to throw away.