Mp3tag and DBPowerAmp showing different tags

I have a file where I changed tags using Mp3tag, but the changes are not showing when I look at the tags using DBPowerAmp.

It's weird - if I look at the tags with DBPowerAmp, I get the original tags. If I look at the same file's tags inside of Mp3tag, I get a completely different result (the new changed tags).

I'm guessing this has something to do with the two programs reading a different tag (just a guess), but I'd like Mp3tag to completely erase or change any old tags (or something like that). I wasn't sure where to start so thought I'd ask.

By the way, I'm using all the defaults for both programs - haven't changed any options at all.

Thanks for the help!

See, whether you have APE tags in the files but you do not read or write them in MP3tag (or the other program).
Select one of the strange files,
press Alt-T and have a look at the dialoge title and see whether it shows "APE" somewhere.
Then check Tools>Options>Tags>Mpeg and see the settings which tag versions you read, write and delete.
If there are APE tags, remove them.

Thanks. That was it - an APE tag.

I've now set Mp3tag to read, write, and delete APE tags so I don't have to worry about it. Curiosity question - why isn't that the default? Is there an issue with having both APE tags and ID3v1 and ID3v2 ones?

APE tags lead sometimes to irritations and are classified as "garbage at end" e.g. by MP3val.
For best compatibility use only ID3Vx tags.