MP3TAG & Audacity Conversions Problem

Hi folks,

Since I am brand new user of MP3TAG software ... I am not sure if I am making a mistake (which probably is the case) or something is goofy about the proggy ...

I have an MP3 from my DJ buddy who likes to put his own Signature on it ... Change the Names and Add his Handle to the Song name and also insert his Own Album Art ...

Now that is annoying to me I wanted to remove his crap including his Logo Art so here it comes MP3TAG to the Rescue per recommendation of another friend who has used this software ... OK so here is what I have done ...

1. I used MP3TAG to Delete and Remove exisiting Tag ...

2. I Added the Artist, Track Number, Album Name, and correct Album Cover.

3. I then used Audacity 1.3.7 to convert the MP3 via their WAV Option. So far so good.

4. I then tried experimenting with Audacity 1.3.7 to convert this same MP3 via their FFMPEG option ... which converts to WMA. This is where my Problem started ...

This new WMA audio made from my MP3TAG Cleaned Up MP3 ... now again it displays the Same OLD data ... like it did in my Buddy's Original MP3.

Q1: How can this be possible?

Q2: What am I doing wrong?

BTW, can "Drag & Drop" be added to MP3TAG ... you know if I just want to drop one MP3 in there and fix it!

Thanks,

G!:slight_smile:

Have you saved the changes in the original MP3 via [Ctrl+S] or :mt_save:?

Drag'n'drop is already possible.

Hi Florian,

Hmmm ... really ... I tried about several times dragging an MP3 from my folder and dropping it in the Main Big Window and nothing.

Q: What am I doing wrong? Should be pretty straight-forward and "dummy-proof".

Thanks,

G!:slight_smile:

Yes, works without problems here. Are you using a special file manager or program you're dragging from?

Hi Florian, :slight_smile:

I just tried it and it worked :w00t: sorry about False alarm ...

I was doing the same thing before ... Open Windows Explorer and find the MP3 file and Grab and Drop into the Main window ... but it would not allow me ...

It works now ... so I am Super Happy!

THANKS for the Great Program!

G! :smiley: