I like Mp3tag but have encountered one problem with it. It doesn't seem to read UTF-16 ID3v2 tags written by Foobar2000. I had to check the "Write ISO-8859-1 tags instead of UTF-16" option in Foobar2000 to get Mp3tag to read the tags. If Mp3tag doesn't have UTF-16 support it'd be nice if it were added since basically everything else supports it from what I've tried. And also I believe UTF-16 is in the ID3v2.3 specs so it should be supported by all software that supports ID3v2.3.
One more thing...
I also noticed that when I edit an M4A file with Mp3tag that it causes iTunes to display a slightly inaccurate bitrate. For example, for an M4A file of 128kbps edited by Mp3tag iTunes will display as 127kbps instead of 128kbps.
Just some things I've found in Mp3tag that I thought should be looked at. I posted this at HydrogenAudio but I didn't get any responses so I figured it couldn't hurt to post at Mp3tag's forums as well. Great program and keep up the good work!