Mp3tag for dummies 101

I just downloaded the program and I need assistance in converting the file name from just its title to its track number followed by the title to burn mp3 data cd's in the order from the cd instead of alphabetically.

This is probably a main purpose of the program, but I need help with it.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Please read the help topic Convert Tag-information from and to filenames. If this doesn't answer your question, please talk back :slight_smile:

Best regards,
~ Florian

I now have the adding of a track number figured out. I simply used the "Tag- filename converter and asked it to use the track number preceding the title. Simple.

However, I can't seem to get the hang of the auto numbering wizard. When I turn on the add zero feature the track numbers are changed to 01 through 15 but the order of the tracks is not what they were on the cd but are alphabetical.

Maybe I am using the wrong sequence for adding the track umber to the file name.

My CD burner requires a zero before tracks 1 through 9 to be ordered properly.

Thanks for your promt reply to my first e-mail. Once I get the hang of this I am sure it willbe a great tool.

Use the $num internal function to add a leading zero to the tracknumber in the filename. Your formatstring for the Tag - Filename converter will look like
$num("%track%",2) - %title%

Best regards,
~ Florian