Mp3tag Forums Server Switch

I've just moved the forums to another server and updated the (quite old) forum software to the latest version.

This also involved adapting the Mp3tag forum skin to the newest version and I hope everything is displayed and working correctly. I've tried to make the whole switch as transparently as possible, so every URL from the old server should automatically redirect you to the correct location on the new server.

Please let me know if something isn't working as it should be.

OK, enough of the tech talk: enjoy your stay and happy posting :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Florian

Is it just me or did the "wide" skin disappear? The forum appears quite narrow now on my 22" widescreen. Also, when I attempt to upload a personal picture, I get an error message. Is the feature disabled?

Edit: One more thing... When quick-editing, the textbox "Reason for edit" is not rendered correctly at least in Firefox.

I got a mail with the following link:
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?act=Msg&...n&MSID=xxxx

But after clicking on this URL, I got the error:
"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board"

It's a little bit confusing because it is just the same as:
"First log in, then read you personal messages" .-))

Maybe you can adjust this error-text?

I'll add this as soon as I've finished the changes on the default skin and no issues are reported anymore (otherwise I'd have to adjust everything in both skins).

Fixed, thanks.

Also fixed.

No, I don't plan to change language files and internal stuff since I don't want to change this whenever I update the forums software.

If you have to edit a post with the option 'fast edit' all the vowels (Umlaute) will be replaced by 'strange' characters.

This is indeed an issue, where I currently have no idea how to fix it. I'll submit a ticket to IPS and we'll see whether there is a fix for that.

Thanks for reporting!

Just a cosmetic one:
On the left side of the 'forums.mp3tag.de-URL' in the Firefox adress-bar, you could change the icon from the original IPS (white V on light blue background) with your official mp3tag icon.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that, maybe this link can help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon

Easy one :slight_smile: Fixed.

Confirmed, after clearing the cache of my Firefox, I can see the much better mp3-icon! :music:

We just had a visit from IPS and the issue should be fixed now :slight_smile:

I try it with some lowercase vowels like äöü, some UPPERcase vowels like ÄÖÜ and some french one àéèÀÉÈ. Save and then edit again...
Looks good for fast edit, then with a full edit...
Everything OK. Thanks for your fast reaction (and the support of IPS).$

Is IPS the company with the board from Matt Mecham, the man who said: "I will never make money with this software?" :rolleyes:

The quick access buttons when replying or posting a new topic are wider than their container box.

Edit: And there is a problem related to the narrow width when viewing a user's profile for which you have moderation rights (and the Settings tab is visible): the tabs don't fit on one line.

Edit 2: On My Assistant, the text of the currently highlighted tab doesn't look well as black on dark-red. :slight_smile:

Sebastian, thanks for the feedback!

Fixed.

Fixed by moving the stuff from the right column to the end of the left column (recent visitors etc.)

Fixed.

the update-link in the developer-thread for the version-field doesn't work.

"Update failed. Please update your Mp3tag version through the profile editor!"

it seems, that the forum doesn't store any cookies on my pc, so i have to log in for every action (post etc.) -> opera 9.63, cookies/js are enabled.

Both are working fine here (even with Opera).

ok, i enabled cookies for (www.)mp3tag.de too, now the forum asks for cookies and the link works.

if i enable cookies only for forums.mp3tag.de, there will be no cookie-question :huh:

I've changed the cookie domain to forums.mp3tag.de instead of using a global cookie. Should be working now.