MP3Tag Needs 'Lyric Support'

Well if mp3tag had Lyric support I'd be using it, but because of it I need something else.

I hope in the near future this program will have this support.

I guess it's tagscanner for me for now, until that day arrives...

What do you mean with lyric support? Lyrics3 tags or simply the ability to store lyrics in ID3v2 tags? If you mean the latter, this is already possible by using the UNSYNCEDLYRICS frame. Please also have a look at the bottom of the following help page to see how the syntax should look like. In order to enter lyrics, you have to open the :mt_tag: Extended Tags... window under View or press ALT+T.

Thanks, man I don't like that Extended Tags...

The Extended Tags should eventually be incorporated into the main edit pane on the left, and also created without the need for placing in any syntax too...

The syntax thing is only because that is what the standard demands. Mp3tag could "overcome" this by always assuming you are entering English text for example, but that would create an "illegal" file when someone enters German lyrics for example.

As for the main left pane, you can already add fields to the left, however, they can have only one line. Maybe a next version will add support for adding multiline fields.

Then how do other tag editors deal with the Lyrics? I guess they're also assuming you're putting them in English, if the software was developed in English, or would there be support built in automatically, that places the right syntax for what ever language you use?

Oh I see, using the 'Filter' by passes Extended Tag...