Mp3Tag overwriting WMP tags?

I utilize quite of few of the more obscure tags in the WMP11 tag editor such as Mood and Album Artist. I recently used Mp3Tag to embed album art in a bunch of files. I noticed that Mp3Tag was missing items such as Mood and Album Artist, but I figured it would just ignore them. Well after adding the album art I noticed that those fields on all the files I modified were blank! Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? Thanks!

I noticed that Mp3Tag was missing items such as Mood and Album Artist

Mp3Tag does support Album Artist, though strangely not in the default column set. Elsewhere in the UI, the app calls it BAND. You can add an Album Artist column using Customise columns... and putting %BAND% in the Value and Field boxes.

after adding the album art I noticed that those fields on all the files I modified were blank!

Can you provide the precise steps to reproduce?

Great, thanks! Is there any sort of cross reference so I can see which tags in Mp3Tag correspond to the tags in WMP11?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce it on a small scale. If I can avoid it I'd rather avoid reproducing it on a large scale since I just got done fixing it and I really don't want to go through that again! :slight_smile: I'll keep playing with it and let you know if I find anything...

Is there any sort of cross reference so I can see which tags in Mp3Tag correspond
to the tags in WMP11?

None I know of, but for WMP10 there is C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\help\main_tags.html .

I'd rather avoid reproducing it on a large scale

Understood! :wink:

What kind of audio files are you using ?