Mp3tag Plugin released: CoverToolbox

Okay thats my first post here...

Unfortunately Mp3tag is not able to display the AlbumArt dimension within the Listview nor is it able
to resize the AlbumArt of the MP3s selected.

Besides of this: Mp3tag is the best Tagger ever :rolleyes:

Covertoolbox was written to create a new MP3Tag called ‘%Cover Size%’ for each MP3 found in a
folder (respectively AllDirectories in the selected folder).
Another option of Covertoolbox is to resize all AllbumArts of all MP3-files within a selected folder
plus you are able to use a “cover.jpg” file within the folder if available (so make sure you place a
“cover.jpg” if wanted).
Covertoolbox is designed to be used as a “plugin” for Mp3tag even if plugins are not supported :w00t:
after Covertoolbox finished the work a refresh-command will be send to Mp3tag and you will see this:

<_<

Download-LINK

I would like to try this but during the downloading, my antivirus software warns me for some adware... What to do?

Hi

I guarantee you there is no adware, virus, backdor whatever inside...

Inside the Zip there are 2 Files:

CT_manual_v0.36.pdf --> that´s the manual
mp3Tag_CoverToolbox.exe --> that´s the exe written and compile with visual studio

I can´t imagine what problem your antivirus software is detecting. I´m really sorry for this.
I´m using endpoint protector without any alerts, noone of my testing buddies told me about a problem too. What threat was your antivirus software told you about? What software are you using?

Maybe it´s because http://uploaded.net where the file is hosted?

I'll try to dl it again tomorrow!

Hi

I re-compiled it and posted the link above, version number now is v0.361.

In addition I checked the file with www.virustotal.com

Nothing found as expected :flushed:

Hi r0r,

I want to make the file smaller than that only 1000 pixels. You can apply this new version of the plug-in? Is something like that possible?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi

Just type in the new Width you need (e.g. 400) and the filesize will be smaller, hit "Execute" and that´s it.

The resolution shown on the botton is the original-size, you can type in the new Width in the textbox of the Rezise-group.

Awesome! :w00t:
I like cover size option. Finally I can see resolution!
Thank U r0r!

Allways wanted this option in Mp3tag so someone had to create it :music:

sounds nice. Is it also able to resize artworks saved as cover.jpg in the respective folders, or does it only work with embedded artworks? how is the resizing quality? does it automatically take care of 1:1 aspect ratio sizing/squeezing for artworks that are not perfectly square?

cheers

Yes, it's able to resize your cover.jpg just check the checkbox "use cover.jpg".
The resize quality settings are the best available within .net framework. To check the quality you can click the preview window to see the 1:1 size.

And for sure it takes care of the ratio, thats why you can see the cover-ratio :rolleyes:

lol, you are right, sorry for this stupid question. I will give it a try in the following days.
cheers

Please upload to a different mirror. Upload says free download is not available.

I would suggest http://www.mega.nz. You can get a Free account with 65GB encrypted storage.

As far as I can see this program does exactly nothing on my system.

Outside mp3tag the program runs and displays it's information window OK.
No xml is created.

Running the coversize optiion in mp3tag runs the directory chooser window and I click execute, program finishes, nothing changes in mp3tag. Cover Size remains empty.

Running the coverresize option in mp3tag produce a .net error

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mp3Tag_CoverToolbox.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 55275f8b
Problem Signature 04: mp3Tag_CoverToolbox
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 55275f8b
Problem Signature 07: f
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Yes, I have installed/updated all .net frameworks correctly.
All in all not working.

Hi

I´m sure you prepared MP3Tag the way I described in the manual (Added a new Column)

Name: Cover Size
Value: %Cover Size%
Field: %Cover Size%

I´m very interested in what was going wrong so I will send you a private message.

was not able to send you a pm:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

mp3Tag_Cover Toolbox.exe is not valid Win32 application!!!
I have very old PC (AMD 1600 XP+) with Win XP 3SP.

p.s. I resize the pictures would not be necessary! Only toolbox colon %Cover Size% = 500 x 500, etc.

Resizing works, but my tags are lost!