MP3Tag removes MP3Gain APE tags

I like to keep my Artist/Album/Track information in ALL the tags - ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE. Some of the MP3s I buy have Artist/Album/Track information in ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags only.

I also like to adjust the volume of my MP3 with MP3Gain. MP3Gain stores "Undo" and "Replaygain" information in an APE tag.

If I use MP3Tag and have it set to read AND write all of ID3v1, ID3v2 and APE it ignores the Artist/Album/Track data in the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and only reads the MP3Gain data in the APE tag. The Artist/Album/Track data appears to have disappeared.

If I set MP3Tag to only read ID3v1, ID3v2 it (obviously) presents the Artist/Album/Track data correctly but ignores the MP3Gain Undo and Replaygain data. If I then WRITE the data it overwrites the MP3Gain information in the APE Tag.

Can MP3Tag be set to not overwrite fields which already exist in the file?

Thanks!

No, because that won't fit to the current logic in Mp3tag's behaviour.

If you read ID3v2 and write APEv2, all contents of the ID3v2 tag will be written to the APEv2 tag.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Could an exception be made for mp3gain tags? These are very specific, and while I totally agree with the philosophy of having the tags be perfectly synchronized, a lot of people use mp3gain and it shouldn't be hard to set the program to just not override those.

Any news on this topic, Florian?