Mp3tag running super slow on file rename operations

Mp3tag (v2.79 & v2.79a) has been running very slowly on random file operations. Usually when I do a Tag to Filename custom action, it goes very quickly. Like in split seconds. For example, I typically open an album and adjust the tags to what I need for all songs in the album. Then, when done, I use a pretty standard action that changes the filename to my preferred format as follows:

Format Value

_FILENAME

D:\MUSIC\%albumartist%\%album%\%artist% - %album% - $num(%track%,2) - %title%

HOWEVER, occasionally, this operation will slow to a crawl and it will take up to 5 minutes to reformat as few as 10 songs.

Mp3tag is not giving any sort of error, my PC is a fast i3 with a fast 2TB storage drive where the files are being saved. Running Windows 10.

Any ideas? I've tried both 2.79 and 2.79a with the same results

(MOD FEEL FREE TO MOVE THIS IF NOT APPROPRIATE HERE)

IMHO it is a question of disc cache, simultaneous disc access by other programs, indexing software, players that update their library automatically, while you already catalogued files or move them to locations that are watched by these programs.
Or a Windows 10 update runs in the background...
So do not run players or indexers at the same time ... or other programs that require to be moved and fetched from the swap file.

Another reason for slow execution might be an error on the hard disk's index.
In Windows Explorer on HD-level try Properties -> Tools -> Check Disk, repair.

Another reason could be a running virus-scanner engines.

Sometimes an additional scanner like that stupid mcafee is installed as adware,
if that happens, everything will slow down until you fix it (uninstall mcafee).