Mp3tagTCButton does not work with 64-bit version of Mp3tag

It seems that this Mp3tagTCButton by @dano no longer works for a x64 version of Mp3tag - thus it is impossible to send selected files to it; at least from FreeCommander

After installing x64 3.15b I did change in my FreeCommander path from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe

to

C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe

[for my proper Item in one of my Favorite Toolbars]. But in spite of this when executed in FreeCommander the Mp3tagTCButton brings up a popup window saying Mp3tag.exe was not found! Terminating...

As a test I uninstalled x64 3.15b and installed 32-bit 3.15 version of Mp3tag. And after changing in FreeCommander the path back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe the Mp3tagTCButton was once again working A-OK. So it seems that this is and incompatibility between a 32-bit and 64-bit software, wile trying to send files with one to another

And so questions arise:

A] Can this be fixed within Mp3tag x64 itself?

B] Does it have to be fixed in Mp3tagTCButton?

C] Is Mp3tagTCButton a 32-it software?

D] Could this be the fault of a 32-bit version of FreeCommander [as I am not using the a 64-bit version of it]?

I would first of all check where to find MP3tag.exe. If a program cannot be found

then this often means that the path and filename are not correct.

But of course I double checked everything; used Copy as path on the EXE file and then also tried putting the path in-between ""

You could just try a 64bit version of FC and let us know it? :wink:

Hm, it should work if the path is enclosed in double quotes.
Parameter:
%ActivSelAsFileUtf8% "C:\Program Files\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe"

1 Like

Your Button seems to be working now A-OK

Thank you for a quick response