Multiple selected cover descriptions can't be deleted at once

I try to delete no more needed cover descriptions.
For that I select 2 tracks in my example and right click on the cover part in the left tag panel and choose
Set cover description
from the context menu.

If I do not enter anything, I would assume that it would delete any existing entries.
This is currently not the case.

Mp3tagCoverDescriptionLoeschen

BTW: As far as I can see, we can't set any other text to multiple tracks at once too.

Maybe related:

Can't reproduce here, are you saving ID3v2?

I would say: Yes.

OK, I'll leave this open then for now until I find a way to reproduce this.

I can select two files with varying covers and set/remove the description without problems. The change is then immediately reflected in the file list.

Would you like to have my 2 files to check it?

Yes, I can try and see if I can reproduce it with those.

1 Like

Can you check if it's different in any way if you press Ctrl+S instead of triggering the auto-save notification?

Yes!
CTRL + S DOES save the changes on both files and I can see it on the columns immediately!

Just for the record:
CTRL + Z doesn't seem to undo this manually saved step.

OK, thanks for confirming and for adding to my confusion :smiley: I'll need to analyze that further and will keep you posted.

1 Like

Maybe it depends on my Messages settings?

It's an internal issue which I'm now able to reproduce. Thanks for reporting!

I'll fix it with the next release.

1 Like

This is now fixed with Mp3tag v3.14a.

Should a deleted cover description for multiple selected files disappear immediately in the column view after pressing the OK-Button in the "Set cover description" window with the new version 3.14a?

No, of course only after saving.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.