Mutiple Genres!!

I'm sorry up front if this has already been posted somewhere, but I searched and was unable to find it. :slight_smile:

So, I was wondering if it's possible to get a song to show up in two genres on say a Zune or iPod. Or maybe under two artists.

Example: Kanye West featuring Adam Levine - Heard 'Em Say

I would like it to show up under both, Kanye West and Maroon 5. That's two artists, but at the same time it would also need to be in two genres, Hip-Hop and Alternative/Rock (my custom genre, :slight_smile:).

Is this at all possible? I was curious, but not really sure. Please let me now if this has already been asked and dealt with. My mistake for asking twice.

Thanks ahead of time.

It is possible to add two genre frames to an ID3v2 tag, but I have no idea if your player supports that. iPods don't, no idea about Zune.

Well, I was wondering if it would be beneficial to do it anyway. Could you explain how to do it, I'll figure out if my Zune accepts it or not right away. Does Windows Media Player, or Explorer support this? Cause I can sort my music by Genre in Explorer and it works perfectly..hmm..

Could you tell me how to do it please!! :smiley:

You just add anoher field in the :mt_tag: Tags window or you write Genre 1\\Genre 2 in the Genre field. I think WMP supports this, but uses ; as delimiter instead of \\.

Would this also apply for artists? Kanye West\\Maroon 5, right?

You must say what audio files you got, mp3, wma??
mp3 can only have multiple artists in WMP and in Mp3tag you must write Artist1/Artist2
With wma you must use Artist1\\Artist2 in Mp3tag.

Thanks for the answers guys, but it's not working the way I want. It's not doing it properly everytime. :flushed: I'm thinking it's a Zune issue in displaying cross-referenced files. I don't really care if it shows in Windows or not.

About 95% of my music is in Mp3. The rest is WMA. I found out the hard way that pressing CTRL+R on all my music to remove all tags but 2.3 for my Zune also removed ALL information from the WMA's. That's not the issue, anyways...let me get this straight.

Let's just go with the Mp3's as my standard format: so I would put ARTIST1/ARTIST2? What about genre, same?

Is the backslash ONLY for WMA?

Sorry for the questions. This program has one flaw. :smiley: Once you learn all the things it can do, you try and make your music perfect.

On a quick side note. I have some songs that sound like, well, just old songs to be nice. Is there anyway, besides downloading them again, that I can increase the "volume" (ie, make them sound better) on those tracks?

Thanks for the help guys. On point as usual.