Need Help - Deleted all my tags

I thought I was deleting the artwork but I deleted the tags from all of my songs. Is there anything I can do to restore them? I didn't back them up. Is there another program that can create tags? Can Itunes fix this?

Exactly what method did you use to remove the artwork? You should of pressed ctrl+A to select all files and then right click on the artwork, then remove image. Then ctrl+S to save.

But as far as your problem is concerned. Have you closed mp3tag since your mistake. If not then try ctrl+Z to undo.

If you have closed the app then your best bet is to use a filename to tag naming convention. Please give a list of 5 or so filenames if this is the case. So we can see how they are formated.

If you have closed the app then your best bet is to use a filename to tag naming convention. Please give a list of 5 or so filenames if this is the case. So we can see how they a formated.
[/quote]

I selected all songs and clicked "Remove Tag" All the songs have just filenames now. No artist, album, title, etc.

The only thing I can think is to bring all the songs over from my ipod to my pc. I have done this before but the songs aren't saved with the correct filenames. What can I use to get everything back in order? Mediamonkey?

The only reason I am stressing about this is because I have around 4700 songs. I don't want to manually retag every one.

First and foremost change your remove tag settings in preferences to say remove apart from ID3v2.

From here take the files from your ipod because they still have ALL the tag info, load them in mp3tag. Then use the tag>filename convention using the string %artist% - %title%

For future reference dont apply something on that many files. Always test on a single file first.