Need to validate tags

I need to check my MP3 tags to make sure that they match the way they were originally created, with the "Filename > Tag" format string I used. This is so I can make sure that none have been changed since, as I like consistency.

There must be a way of doing this with MP3Tag which highlights those tags that are different? If I recall, Tagscanner did this, but I would prefer not to use two pieces of tagging software.

I know some files will be different in my collection, as I've inserted special characters like "?" which aren't allowed in filenames in the tags instead, but I know which ones they are.

So can anyone help me with this?

with this filter you will get those files where the filename does not match the contents of fields:

"$if($eql(%album% _ $num(%track%,3) _ %artist% _ %title%,%_filename%),1,0)" IS "0"

You would have to adapt the first part of the $eql expression to match your naming pattern. Use the same you used for creating the filenames.

There is no function to highlight any inconsistencies.

Well, if it only shows those files that don't match, then I consider that a bonus!

I'm going to adapt the filter and see how it goes.

Thank you, Ohrenkino!

I have just now made several filters to check various aspects of my tags, and filenames and folders to boot, and they all work (I edited copies of the files to make sure they were working) and there were no problems with the MP3s at all! I guess I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to such things. I should've known about this myself, as I'd already seen the advanced scripting functions, etc, already. But thanks for giving me an example to work from.

It's also strange that only the best software allows you to write scripts for advanced functions like this, even though basic computer programming is required.

Thanks once again!