New Forum - Had to verify during login

Hi,
I've been a member of the forum since Feb 20, 2014, but today when I attempted to login to the forum, the login process said I had to wait to a verification email. I did the verification process, and now I'm considered a new member. I tried to reply to a post on the Discogs (pone mod) thread, and couldn't reply because the message said new members were only permitted 3 replies to a thread, which is correct. I have at least 3 replies on that thread. It looks like a few things need to be modified with the new forum.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I've imported your registration date to the new community software, so this is not lost. However, Discourse (this is what we're using now), has the concept of trust levels of users. All users have been imported at TL0 — which is the lowest trust level. You can proceed to TL1 very quickly by simply using the forums and reading some posts.

Here is a description which explains this concept:

I hope it's not too cumbersome and that you can use all features very soon.

Kind regards
— Florian

Thanks Florian. I've read the FAQ on the trust levels and understand why other things didn't display for me; like private message.

Gary

1 Like

And it seems that by now the system already moved you to the next level :slight_smile: :+1:

Kind regards
— Florian