New Install From App Store Unable to Write to Local Files

Greetings, I just purchased and installed Mp3tag and upon trying to write the tags to a file I get this error.

I do want to note I tried this with no luck:

defaults delete app.mp3tag.Mp3tag SecurityScopedBookmarks

Are you opening individual files or complete folders?
The latter would be the approach of choice, see also here:

I went to my music folder on my Mac, then opened the Artist folder which holds the album folder and songs.

I've tried just the files, 1 parent folder up, 2 and 3 parent folders up. Each time running defaults delete app.mp3tag.Mp3tag SecurityScopedBookmarks prior.

The error message doesn’t say anything regarding secure bookmarks, so it seems unrelated to the defaults command referenced throughout this topic.

BackLog is an option to get a more detailed insight into what might be causing the issue, where you can set the process to Mp3tag and include all events that are not directly created by this binary.

The idea of this is to gather some information on what's causing the issue (as it doesn't seem to be related to secure bookmarks).

Maybe one additional question: does this happen with all files from your music folder on your Mac or only with some particular files?

Thanks!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Library exception "invalid chapter count" when writing M4B file