I have mp3 files that are podcasts that do not show up under the specified podcasts they should be in.
e.g. CarTalk is a program which has a podcast. I missed a couple of shows. Found the mp3 files that are the podcasts. Saved them to the CarTalk folder under My Music, where the rest of the podcast (mp3 files) are located. I took a look at the extended tags for these files that I manually downloaded and they are different.
It does seem that I can manually go through and copy the tags from where they are to where they ain't. I just imagine there must be a more elegant way of doing this.
If you look a the images above - The file that does show up under podcasts has a series of fields, with values. The tags are completely missing in the first file (which does not show up under podcasts).
The workflow I would like to create is as follows:
- Export ALL the extended tags from the file that shows up correctly.
- Export ALL the extended tags from the file that shows up INCORRECTLY.
- In .csv file, I would then copy all the missing tags to the improperly tagged files.
- Modify the imported tags as appropriate (say the RELEASETIME - see the pics above)
- Associate each line of a .csv file with a corresponding improper file.
- Voila - the improperly tagged mp3 files are now all fixed.
I recognize this is probably overkill since I would have been done already if I had just manually edited the files but the nerdy side of me couldn't resist. I also want to thank the developers of this software for the nice code and program and I did search for this problem in the forum but didn't pick up on anything quite like this.