NFO template scripts to share?

Hello all, I really appreciate dano for giving me the information I needed to create my own export scripts - mp3tag "table of contents" under help menu was VERY easy to maneuver in order to teach myself the scripting part of it. I have recently been hard at work on an NFO template that has taken me from the time I talked with dano to now, to create. Two actually. One for single album and one for discographies. I was wondering if I had permission to share them here?

Anyone can share his export configs as long as they don't contain illegal or abusive stuff or links to such things.

No no, I wouldn't post anything like that. When I get back from my movie, i'll clean up some of the code and post it so it's more user friendly.

Ok, I took wayy to long but I blame it on life......So here's some samples and if anyone wants them, reply to this message and i'll upload them. They took a LONG time to produce, so if I do post them, I would appreciate it if you could leave the "ads" at the bottom. They arn't infringent on the content, so I don't see really a need to take it off. Of course it's by your discretion, I can't make you keep it there lol, it would just be nice.

[A side note]::: All this content was dynamically derived from the tags of the music files.

Anyway, here are the samples:

Here is the single album sample
Single_Album_Sample.txt (5.63 KB)

Here is the multi album sample
Multi_Album_Sample.txt (21 KB)

Let me know if anyone wants to try them out....

Multi_Album_Sample.txt (21 KB)

Single_Album_Sample.txt (5.63 KB)

Looks pretty cool. :slight_smile:

Nice, glad someone likes it. I'll upload the single album version right now.

Here it is:
SingleAlbumNFO.mte (12.6 KB)

SingleAlbumNFO.mte (12.6 KB)

Is it possible to provide the '.txt' MTE files in true textformat, not in Unicode?

DD.20070806.0836.MEST

------EDIT and UPDATE------
All these files are non-unicode. I'm not sure why I didn't convert them in the first place but whatever. I made a little update to the single album nfo template. I just added the ability to see multiple cd's of single albums. I know that some people have a lot of various artists or compilation albums so here it is. Make sure that you set the discnumber value, otherwise it will be worthless.

The discnumber format is as follows: 1/2 or 2/2 etc...(CD# / total # of CD's). You can add this field using the Alt+T menu or in options under tagpanel, where you can add the field directly to the bar on the left. Your choice. Just remember it's worthless without setting this value.

:: Mte file and sample below ::

Sample
Single_Album_Multi_Disc_Sample.txt (7.32 KB)

Export file
User_SingleNFO.mte (6.29 KB)

Single_Album_Multi_Disc_Sample.txt (7.32 KB)

User_SingleNFO.mte (6.29 KB)

check out the update above.

This is a nice little export. However, I have one thing that bothers me, and that is when things are too long.

*|*               MISERY LOVES KOMPANY                                       *|*
*|*     ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯                             *|*
*|*       01. (01:41) Kansas City Shuffle [Intro]                            *|*
*|*       02. (06:32) Midwest Choppers (ft. D-Loc & Dalima and Krizz Kaliko) *|*
*|*       03. (04:41) Misery (ft. The Journalist and Yukmouth)               *|*
*|*       04. (05:50) That Box (ft. Greed, Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun and Skatterman & Snug Brim)*|*
*|*       05. (04:25) Gangsta Shap (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun)       *|*
*|*       06. (05:31) Sex Out South (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun)      *|*
*|*       07. (04:55) Get Ya Head Right (ft. Money Hungry and Snug Brim)     *|*
*|*       08. (04:30) Fan Or Foe (ft. Krizz Kaliko and T-Nutty)              *|*
*|*       09. (05:28) Girl Crazy "Crazy Love"                                *|*
*|*       10. (05:05) 2 Piece (ft. Big Scoob, Joe Vertigo and Krizz Kaliko)  *|*
*|*       11. (04:05) Big Scoob (ft. Big Scoob)                              *|*
*|*       12. (04:21) Yeah Ya Can (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Shadow)              *|*
*|*       13. (04:39) I Can Feel It (ft. Agginy and The Philsta)             *|*
*|*       14. (00:43) Karma [Skit]                                           *|*
*|*       15. (03:38) You Don't Want It (ft. Krizz Kaliko, Mr. Reece and Prozak)*|*
*|*       16. (04:58) Message To The Black Man                               *|*
*|*       17. (05:47) The P.A.S.E.O. [The Poem Aaron Saw Extra Ordinary]     *|*

As you can see, tracks 04 & 15 throw things a little off. I was wonder if there was a way things could intelligently be wrapped in the event they're too long. For example:

*|*               MISERY LOVES KOMPANY                                       *|*
*|*     ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯                             *|*
*|*       01. (01:41) Kansas City Shuffle [Intro]                            *|*
*|*       02. (06:32) Midwest Choppers (ft. D-Loc & Dalima and Krizz Kaliko) *|*
*|*       03. (04:41) Misery (ft. The Journalist and Yukmouth)               *|*
*|*       04. (05:50) That Box (ft. Greed, Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun and    *|*
*|*                   Skatterman & Snug Brim)                                *|*
*|*       05. (04:25) Gangsta Shap (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun)       *|*
*|*       06. (05:31) Sex Out South (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun)      *|*
*|*       07. (04:55) Get Ya Head Right (ft. Money Hungry and Snug Brim)     *|*
*|*       08. (04:30) Fan Or Foe (ft. Krizz Kaliko and T-Nutty)              *|*
*|*       09. (05:28) Girl Crazy "Crazy Love"                                *|*
*|*       10. (05:05) 2 Piece (ft. Big Scoob, Joe Vertigo and Krizz Kaliko)  *|*
*|*       11. (04:05) Big Scoob (ft. Big Scoob)                              *|*
*|*       12. (04:21) Yeah Ya Can (ft. Krizz Kaliko and Shadow)              *|*
*|*       13. (04:39) I Can Feel It (ft. Agginy and The Philsta)             *|*
*|*       14. (00:43) Karma [Skit]                                           *|*
*|*       15. (03:38) You Don't Want It (ft. Krizz Kaliko, Mr. Reece and     *|*
*|*                   Prozak)                                                *|*
*|*       16. (04:58) Message To The Black Man                               *|*
*|*       17. (05:47) The P.A.S.E.O. [The Poem Aaron Saw Extra Ordinary]     *|*

Reason I say intelligently, is because in a simple X Characters type of wrap, it would split the artists "Skatterman" & "Prozak" into two words. I can understand if this isn't possible and shall continue to simply do it manually on the effected albums, though it would be nice to be able to "run it & forget it" you know? Lol.

EDIT: Well... that turned out like crap... You could probably copy those into a text editor that would space them properly to get the idea, then again you might be able to get a sense of the problem just by the request.

Hey, i found your template, and i like it very much. Would it be possible to get the multi-album version?