Noob question - Returning data in the results window

Hey,

I tried to understand how WS Framework works. I understood the basics, but I guess I missed something about returning data in the results window.

I did a really simple RYM script (maybe too much) without loops, just to test with one occurrence, but I always get "Sorry, no entries are matching your search criteria". I read many times the documentation, and searched in the RateYourMusic script, and did not find any clue...
I don't understand what I have to do. %album% output is exactly the same as I searched.

I tried with "Eat the Elephant" by A Perfect Circle.

Thx

[Name]=RateYourMusic
[BasedOn]=https://rateyourmusic.com
[IndexUrl]=https://rateyourmusic.com/search?searchterm=%s&searchtype=l
[AlbumUrl]=
[WordSeparator]=+
[IndexFormat]=%artist%|%_url%|$album%|%year%|%type%|%label%
[SearchBy]=%album%
[Encoding]=url-utf-8
[UserAgent]=1

[ParserScriptIndex]=...

Debug "on" "debug.out"
DebugWriteInput "debug-input.out"

#####
FindLine "href=\"/artist/"

# ARTIST NAME
FindInLine "class="artist">"
OutputTo "ARTIST"
SayUntil "</a>"

# URL
FindInLine "/release/album/"
OutputTo "URL"
SayUntil "/\""

# ALBUM NAME
FindInLine "class="searchpage">"
OutputTo "album"
SayUntil "<"

# YEAR
MoveLine 2
FindInLine ">"
OutputTo "YEAR"
SayUntil "<"

# TYPE / FORMAT
MoveLine 2
FindInLine ">"
OutputTo "TYPE"
SayUntil "<"

# LABEL
MoveLine 2
FindInLine "class="label">"
OutputTo "PUBLISHER"
SayUntil "<"

The Output

Total output:
 output["CurrentUrl"]= "https://rateyourmusic.com/search?searchterm=Eat+the+Elephant&searchtype=l"
 output["Output"]= ""
 output["ARTIST"]= "A Perfect Circle"
 output["URL"]= "a-perfect-circle/eat-the-elephant"
 output["album"]= "Eat the Elephant"
 output["YEAR"]= "2018"
 output["TYPE"]= "Lossless Digital"
 output["PUBLISHER"]= "BMG"
 output["Error"]= "<OK>"

In the Index part you don't use outputto, you use say "|" and saynewline to return the data.

[Name]=RateYourMusic
[BasedOn]=https://rateyourmusic.com
[IndexUrl]=https://rateyourmusic.com/search?searchterm=%s&searchtype=l
[AlbumUrl]=https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/
[WordSeparator]=+
[IndexFormat]=%artist%|%_url%|%album%|%year%|%type%|%label%
[SearchBy]=%album%
[Encoding]=url-utf-8
[UserAgent]=1

[ParserScriptIndex]=...

Debug "on" "debug.out"
DebugWriteInput "debug-input.out"

#####
FindLine "href=\"/artist/"

# ARTIST NAME
FindInLine "class="artist">"

SayUntil "</a>"
say "|"

# URL
FindInLine "/release/album/"

SayUntil "/\""
say "|"

# ALBUM NAME
FindInLine "class="searchpage">"

SayUntil "<"
say "|"

# YEAR
MoveLine 2
FindInLine ">"

SayUntil "<"
say "|"

# TYPE / FORMAT
MoveLine 2
FindInLine ">"

SayUntil "<"
say "|"

# LABEL
MoveLine 2
FindInLine "class="label">"

SayUntil "<"

saynewline
1 Like

Oh, I just spotted the error...
In the IndexFormat I wrote %artist%|%_url%|$album%|%year%|%type%|%label% ($album% instead of %album%). I needed a diffchecker to spot it, it's almost invisible :woozy_face:

I am able to continue now, thank you!