Not seeing audio tracks all of a sudden

I was using ver 2.41 today and I tagged about 20 albums when all of sudden any album I open has no tracks listed. They are all there but mp3tag doesn't see them. I uninstalled and reinstalled to still nothing, this is on a vista machine. Any help would be appreciated, I love this program.

Add Directory and Change Directory problem - simple fix?

Ensure View | Filter is off.

I love this program.

Me too!

Glad that you like it! :slight_smile:

As an addendum to Chris' suggestion:
Do you see the columns in the file list (e.g. 'Filename', 'Path', 'Title', ...)?
Are the files in a subdirectory of the directory loaded and you disabled the subdirectories checkbox at 'File > Change Directory'?
Is the file extension of the files listed at 'Options > Tags > Restrict incoming files to'?

Hello, and thanks for the replies... When I change directory and point to the album folder it shows nothing in the folder, I get no items match your search. Subdirectories are not disabled, the file extension is in there. I did just now notice, if I click select folder it will populate the files. Is that how it always worked and I had a brain freeze or do they show up in the folder when I point to it.

I get no items match your search.
the file extension is in there.
if I click select folder it will populate the files.

I know of no dialog box meeting that description!

do they show up in the folder when I point to it.

Not in the Change Directory dialog here ("Browse For Folder", "Please select a directory that contains audio files.")

BTW, you can drag files/folders direclty from Explorer to Mp3tag. This is more flexible e.g. can load a single file from a folder of many.

Here is what I see when I select a directory, hopefully the attached file will work. I tried to drag but does stupid vista limit that? I have an xp machine and it works fine on there.

Oh, Vista! Well, that dialog looks very different from the XP one so I think you're problem is probably Vista specific. Sorry I can't help with that!

I don't really see the problem there.

The screenshot shows a Vista dialog for selecting directories. As you can see from the top of the dialog, you're in the 'Foreigner - Greatest Hits' directory and there are no additional directories to choose from.

So just browse back, select the desired directory and hit 'Select Folder'.

I don't really see the problem there.

I have to say I see the problem, Florian - this Vista behaviour is very misleading to the user...

you're in the 'Foreigner - Greatest Hits' directory and there are no additional directories to choose from.

...because unlike the XP "Browse for Folder" dialog, this Vista dialog opens the final folder very much as if it were browsing for /files/.

So just browse back, select the desired directory and hit 'Select Folder'.

Fine... once you know! :wink:

Yes, I agree. If you're used to the Browse For Folder dialog from XP and below, the new dialog challenges your muscle memory quite a bit.

But the nice point about this is, that Windows has finally one API for both browsing for files and directories.

Thanks, Florian and Chris for all your help, I was just making it more difficult than I needed to. Again Florian awesome prog you have here....