Opening a playlist without stripping multiple list items

Hi Guys
For server synchronisation reasons I want to be able to open and edit a playlist without having multiple occurences of the same entry being stripped during loading. I have read the documentation and don't see anything mentioned on this subject. Perhaps I have missed something. Is it at all possible with MP3TAG ?

Happy New Year
Gerry

Taking the unique filename, MP3tag loads every file only once.
So you can't have several instances of the same file just like you cannot have the same filename for several files in the filesystem.

Thanks for a quick reply. I guess then that I'll have to look elsewhere for my editor. Fine program otherwise.

Cheers
Gerry

FYI, I wrote some code which does all the dirty work, so now things run exactly as I want them to. So I will be using this after all and have just donated.

Cheers
Gerry

1 Like

It would be nice, if you could share that code (if it is something MP3tag internal)

It isn't internal. It uses a playlist exported from MP3Tag and automatically generates playlists containing the for the server neccessary sync sequence to synchronise the autodj to the station clock at the server end. Additionally it uses the same file to generate 24 x hourly playlists containing a gap filler and an adapted sync sequence for Centova Cast . Only thing it doesn't do is upload the lot to the server, but then I only started writing it about this time yesterday :slight_smile: