order action list

hi,

I have a large list of actions. I was wondering if anyone had come up with a system for alphabetizing the action names on the actions list? I would love to be able to find an action I know and need, by hunting only the parts of the list that should contain the action's name. I am sure I had a method of doing so something like seven years ago, but I can't remember what it was.
I thought I remembered it involved the program to convert *.mta files into text, but I can't remember what one did with the text versions of the former *.mta files, to cause Mp3tag to recognize them in alphabetical order. I think I remember it involved moving the contents of the folder \Application Data\Mp3tag\data\actions to a temp folder, I have no idea what I did after that.
Currently I have all of my old actions in alphabetical order by name, then at the very bottom of the "second page" of this long list are my most recently written actions. It would be great have the new ones show up close to where one would expect their names to appear. :ph34r:

I do not think that an (automatic) sorting of actions is really desirable.
Please note that you can execute a set of action(group)s by ticking them in the actions list. They then get executed in the order of the list from top to bottom.
So it could very well be that you have names for the action groups that would not put them in the correct place in respect to what they do in this selection.

To move action groups around in the list, use the arrow buttons next to the list.

When you create a new action group, select that action group under which you want the new one to appear and click the New button. This creates a new entry for the action group below the selected one. It is up to you to see if the original list is in alphabetical order or follows other criteria.

Great! Thanx!