Picture with tag

How can I add or change the picture for the ID3 tag.
I found on Amazon (or other) larger and sometimes better pictures,
than added on de moment I entered the ID3 info.
So I want them connected (and displayed while playing in VLC) to my MP3's
Thanks Kees van Bree

Right click on the cover area and choose "Add cover". Click :mt_save: to save the changes.
Or use "Tag sources > Cover art > Amazon" to search directly on Amazon with Mp3tag.

I did that, but the picture added by MP3Tag during the first editing stay's in VLC.
In spite of adding an other picture as cover art later.
So the question remains: how to remove change the first added picture
and choose my own one.
Thanks

Try asking in the VLC forums.

I see the same behaviour with VLC. But, if you also change the album tag at the same time as the album art, the new art will display. Try it. This makes me think that VLC keeps some sort of table that correlates the album name with the album art. Maybe that is on purpose and maybe it can be controlled by some user preference. Maybe it is a bug. I don't know or care because I use Winamp where this does not occur. :wink:

It seems clear to me that this has nothing to do with Mp3tag.

Jim

To understand your answer...
What I want is at entering the id3 info choose the picture myself.
I have from all albums the correct covers already.
So the need of adding the pictures automaticly is not there.
And I want to repaire the previous eddited MP3's with my pics
Is de "cover"-image the same as the picture inserted by MP3Tag?
Thanks

LATER:
I did what you suggested.
A new MP3 and added my own picture in coverart as first action
before other info.
In spite of that MP3Tag inserted it'own picture from Amazon.
So it is no VLC problem but a MP3Tag issue.
I still want to choose the picture of the tag myself.
Any suggestion?
regards

Some players like WMP build up a collection of thumbnails that they present as cover art. If you update the cover art it is a good idea to clear that cache once in a while.
You find the WMP-folder along the following path (Win 7):
C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\graficcache

Delete the folder graficcache (for WMP).
Perhaps VLC has a similar folder.

Sorry, but I misunderstood your problem. Maybe this will help.

You know that when the "Adjust tag information" dialogue appears (after you choose your tag source) it may show cover art in the upper right corner.

Right click on the cover art.
On the menu that appears, make sure that "Save image to tag" is not checked. (You can toggle checkmarks on/off by clicking on an item. The setting will stay the same until you toggle the checkmark again.)

Now, when you click OK to accept the tag information, the cover art will not be copied to your files. You can then add whatever art you wish by following the instructions given by dano, earlier in this thread. And remember, he means the cover art area at the bottom of the tag panel in the main window.

Also, ohrenkino gave us some valuable information. (Thank-you!)

For VLC, the cache is at:
C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\vlc\art\artistalbum

If you update cover art for files that you have already played in VLC, then you will probably have to delete their entries in the folder "artistalbum" before you play them with new cover art. Otherwise, the old art will continue to be displayed.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Hello
This part I couldn't find:
You know that when the "Adjust tag information" dialogue appears (after you choose your tag source) it may show cover art in the upper right corner.
Right click on the cover art.
On the menu that appears, make sure that "Save image to tag" is not checked. (You can toggle checkmarks on/off by clicking on an item. The setting will stay the same until you toggle the checkmark again.)
Now, when you click OK to accept the tag information, the cover art will not be copied to your files. You can then add whatever art you wish by following the instructions given by dano, earlier in this thread. And remember, he means the cover art area at the bottom of the tag panel in the main window.

"Adjust Tag Info"??
"Right click on Cover Art" gives the "Add Cover" but "Save Image To Tag"??

The clearing of the VLC data did the trick
Thanks anyway Kees van Bree