Playlist generation problem


#1

Ok, here goes my problem. Recently I have updated my Mp3Tag from 2.31 to 2.34a. I mostly use it for playlist creation. I used to use Ctrl+P combination to create a playlist from all files in directory.
I live in Russia, but most of my mp3 files have English tags. Yesturday I have tried to create a playlist from some mp3s with Russian tags and filenames. Tags were in ANSI. Now I have faced the following two situations:

  1. If I have checked "Decode ISO-8859-1 tags using system codepage", then Mp3Tag reads tags correctly. Filenames are displayed correctly too. But when I create a playlist it does not contain any filename or Title/Artist information, it looks like this:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:336,#EXTINF:183,#EXTINF:275,... etc
    playlist file name is in Russian and it reads correctly in Explorer and Far Manager

  2. If I uncheck "Decode ISO-8859-1 tags using system codepage", then Mp3Tag displays some garbage instead of tag fields, but still displays filenames correctly. But now it creates a playlist with garbage instead of playlist. I can't view/open this file with Far Manager, Winamp refuses to open it too. I can open it with Notepad though. The contents reads like this:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:336, Artist_Name_In_Russian - Title1_In_Russian
    #EXTINF:183, Artist_Name_In_Russian - Title2_In_Russian
    #EXTINF:275, Artist_Name_In_Russian - Title3_In_Russian

So this playlist does not contain any filenames in it, and useless.

I have tried to uninstall v2.34a and reinstalled previous v2.31 and it worked like a charm.
I have also tried the above scenario on my second PC with the same result, so it does not my Windows XP installation flaw.


#2

With the current Development Build I've changed the encoding of playlists back to the system codepage.

This should fix the problem.

Best regards,
~ Florian