Portable version

Hi,

I am portableapps.com user since many years. I am using locally on my computer and on my USB drives Skype, LibreOffice, Java, OpenOffice, Google Chrome, Firefox, VLC, 7Zip, TeamViewer, GIMP, Eclipse(for now this is on development progres), Opera Browser, Pidgin, Foxit Reader... Totally about 40 applications.

Portableapps.com make portable apps of open-source and non closed-source applcaitions. They have ISO certificated format which is open source. It is simply and stable.

It is possible to update the portable application automatically if the user use also portableapps.com platform which is also portable and very easy to use and small.

Also it is possible to solve file association with simply other portable apps which are writed by portableapps.com developers.

Also the format bring with it other features. For example: each portable app directory must contain a Data directory which includes all personel preferences files (user-data files, same as "home" directory on Linux). For example if you remove this folder, the portable app starts like first time. You can see all preferences files inside on it easily.

Please make a portable version under portableapps.com format.

Thanks in advance

I am also a fan. Just wanted to clarify that AFAICT the app's working perfectly well in portable mode, probably even full stealth.

It's a fair amount of trouble to fully integrate with the pa.com model, not sure if that will really buy that much extra utility for the type of user (aka "power") that will be getting that involved with tagging.

Perhaps if you or someone else were willing to do the extra work, then I believe all that would be required is the dev's permission, and of course an ongoing commitment to keep up with new releases.

I would also like to have a portable version of Mp3Tag. There should a option in the settings menu which will allow us to save all the setting and appdata inside Mp3Tag folder.

There is a PA version of mp3tag, but it's a "Beta" ie not yet part of the official set of PA apps, and therefore it doesn't automatically show up in the PA framework as available, or once you've installed it once, show when new versions are available. I wait until mp3tag, started within the PA framework, tells me there's a new version available, wait a few days so that the PA app maintainer has repackaged it, then go to the PA website and get the latest version's installer file, manually.

As far as I can tell the portable version works perfectly, and comments on the PA website page for the app from other users suggest everyone thinks so.

See: http://portableapps.com/node/18890

To install it in the first place you need to download and run the .paf (PA apps installer) file.