Possible To Change Key Actions When Editing Information In Main Window

Hello, and thanks (again) in advance for any help. I was wondering if it's possible to change the behavior for keys presses (not shortcuts) when editing information in Mp3tag's main window. For example, is it possible to swap the action of pressing "Tab", which moves the cursor to the right, with the action of pressing "Enter", which moves the cursor down? I ask because every other editing program I use has "Tab" assigned to move the cursor down, so when I use Mp3tag I find myself getting a bit confused. Not a huge problem, but I'd like to achieve peak efficiency if possible :wink: . Thanks again for your time.

I am not sure what you mean by "main window".
TAB is the standard key in WIndows to navigate between GUI objects.

You can set aspects of the editing behaviour in Tools>Options>General.

I don't know what other editors you usually use that do not follow the Windows standard.

Thanks for your reply, ohrenkino, and apologies for my poor explanation. I'll try to be more clear. If I use the context menu option to open a folder full of music files in Mp3tag (this is what I'm calling the "main window"), then make the text in any row or column editable with two, separate left-clicks (so that there's a colored rectangle around the text and I can rename it), hitting the "Enter" key moves the editable rectangle down a single row in the same column while hitting the "Tab" key moves the editable rectangle a single column to the right in the same row. I'd prefer that these key actions were reversed, so that "Tab" moves the rectangle down a single row in the same column and "Enter" moves the rectangle a single column to the right in the same row. Is this possible? Thanks for your patience :slight_smile: .

Not, that is not possible.
The focus does not move to the right or left, it moves to the next or previous tag-field and I think that is normal behaviour. I can see no reason why it should not do so if the fields are placed horizontally and not vertically.

In the options menue you can change the behaviour of the Enter-Key
General: Automatically select next file when in file view

or the Tab-Key
Tags: Save tags when using arrow-keys

but not chenge actions of the tab-key and the enter-key.

Thank you very much for the information, poster. I'm so used to hitting "Tab" to select the next file (this is the action in several other editing programs I use) that I get confused in Mp3tag. No worries, though, I'm still capable of learning (and Mp3tag is still an awesome program :wink: .