Possible Way to Block folder.jpg?

I just started using this program for almost 2months and I was wondering if there is a way to block Windows Media Player from creating that hidden file "folder.jpg" which is the album art...

Here's my situation...
I have about 201 mp3 files in the same folder. I edited their tags and the cover art...but somehow, WMP seems to reveal "hidden tags"... I experimented again and again until I finally solved this problem...I moved all files to another folder, deleted all hidden covers in the folder, cleared the history of WMP, deleted the cache in the Windows folder and I managed to fix it...

The problem is, I still can't fix the album art problem... Whenever I play a music, minutes later, it would create a hidden "folder.jpg". Sometimes, that "folder.jpg" is not a problem at all... but often, whenever I play another mp3 which is of the different album art, the art displayed doesn't change...

My conclusion? All the album art WMP creates is named folder.jpg which means, if I play an mp3 with a different art, it would borrow the existing folder.jpg instead of creating a new one because it is not possible to have the same filename inside a folder...

Now, does anyone know how to solve this problem? or know how to prevent WMP from creating "folder.jpg"? or if possible, knows how to make WMP overwrite an existing folder.jpg everytime I play an mp3 with a different cover art? And is it possible to rename the cover art name from folder.jpg to different one?

Though I'm not quite sure my conclusion is correct... but I don't see any other reasons about that cover art problem...

Well, this hardly an mp3tag problem, is it?
The only way around seeing the wrong cover art is to move all files that should show a different picture to a separate folder. The name of the file already gives it away: it is intended for a folder.

Use the converter tag-filename with a mask like
%album%\%title%

to move files to separate folders.

I don't really want to put them in seperate folders...

BTW I managed to fix the problem FOR NOW. I still don't know if this would be a permanent fix...I'll have to observe for a couple of days....

What I did was, create a blank text file with Notepad, saved it as "Folder.jpg", made it Read-only and hidden, and I placed with my mp3 files... I really hope that does it...

Thanks for the tip btw :smiley:

The solution IMO is obvious - stop using that software.

I find it baffling why someone would want to continue to use software that so obviously is broken (read: doesn't meet one's needs). Microsoft software, in particular is actively dangerous with audio file meta data. Make sure to back up your tags before doing anything in Windows Explorer for example. . .

There are so many great players out there that are more respectful of the user, and most of them are free.