Practical Examples? LINK Frames (and Classical Music?)

I've been using Mp3tag for a while now. What a wonderful program. That and Bulk Rename Utility. These guys have probably saved me 10 years of hard labor. But, I want to get under the hood a bit more and play around with Custom Tags and Mappings. I've read through the ID3v2.3.0 a bit over at ID3 tag version 2.3.0. And of course the FAQ on this forum, as well as the Help files. Its all really cool looking, but I can't find a single practical Step-by-Step walk-through anywhere.

Specifically, I'd like to know more about LINK frames. From what I read, it seems like they can be used as a sort of "super" set for grouping related files. I'm not sure if that's the intention, but wouldn't it be nice.

Example: I'm pretty heavy into Classical Music. Anyone who's into this stuff knows the difficulty of keeping even a small music library organized. With all the different orchestras, performers, movements, historical details, genres, etc, you could spend weeks just organizing one composer.

The "Section 4.21. Linked information" at 4.21. Linked information talks about "keeping space waste as low as possible" by "linking information from another ID3v2 tag that might reside in another audio file or alone in a binary file". Great! Lets give that a try.. And then just dumps a code snippet / format on you. What do you do with this thing? Does it go in a text file in the same directory? Is it some kind of pseudo code? How does it actually link to the file(s)? Perhaps a simple example.. Anything?

I consider myself a power user, not a programmer. I'm not afraid to tinker around, but I hope it doesn't involve too much heavy lifting (C++, Perl, or RegExp, etc.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who read this far!