Preserve cover art when deleting other fields

Hello,

I have been searching the forums here but I cannot find the name of the COVER(s) field. I am trying to clean up the tags in my mp3 files and would like to remove all fields except certain ones. So I am using the action below:

Remove fields except "artist;album;track;genre;year;contentgroup;title;discnumber"

This also removes the cover in the MP3. Is there a way I can prevent that from happening?

I only have 1 cover per file if that is relevant.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: Any idea if iTunes and iPod ratings are stored in the MP3 as a particular field (if so what is it) or as I suspect, they are stored in the library files on the iPod

You look for something like this
Remove fields except: "artist;album;track;genre;year;contentgroup;title;discnumber;picture"

Then the Cover will be saved and not removed.

@ iTunes question:
I tested it now and the result is:
No, the ratings are not stored in the files. I rated one file, selected "Convert ID3 Tags" and then I looked into the file via Mp3tag and Notepad. And no, the rating is not stored in the file. It is stored in library.
I could also be wrong but I don't think that I made something wrong.

Thank you very much, my friend. That did it. I just did not know picture was the magic word.

2nd Answer: even after cleaning my ratings are safe therefore you were right on that one too.

By the way, the developers participate in this forum and I would like to say that you have made a wonderful program. Thank you.

I'm glad that I was able to help you. :slight_smile:
Much fun with cleaning up your tags. And I know that this takes pretty long.