Problems with web sources for lyrics

Leoslyrics and sing365 are not returning lyrics for songs that I know must be in their databases based on experience a month ago. Leoslyrics quickly returns the message “Sorry, no entries are matching your search criteria.” Sing365 returns the message “Error connecting to server http://www.lyricsforall.com” The raw Lyricsforall source works as badly now as it did before—very slow and returns every possibility except the right one. Leoslyrics and sing365 were very reliable a month ago.

I made two major changes since successfully using these services. I upgraded from dialup internet service to DSL, and I installed MP3tag 2.37h in place of 2.37a. But my problems are the same after I reinstalled 2.37a and connect to the internet via my dialup modem. I have also turned off my firewall and my antivirus. And I have verified that the script files are where they’re supposed to be.

I have not used other web sources in the past, but amazon and discogs both work now.

I wonder whether leoslyrics and sing365 have changed their communications protocols. I’d appreciate others checking if they get proper results from their queries.

Any other suggestions for how I can identify the problem?

Thanks,
Randy

If you go to sing365 homepage and try a search, you will see it times out.

leoslyrics removed the advanced search that I used. Maybe I make one for their API.

Yes, Lyricsforall has a poor search engine. Are they even worth our time?

Please remember, these scripts have no "will work forever" guarantee. Most just parse the html code and if there is a change from the site owner, it might fail.

Thanks for checking this out for me. I take it you believe sing365 is having technical problems (about 24 hours so far) and will be usable later. I hope so.

I found that leoslyrics was the best source overall in terms of fast response and having the lyrics, but sing365 was also useful as it had some less popular music --- celtic for example. Yes, I tried the lyricsforall only a few times and gave up on that site. I don't think is is worth our time. I was surprised to see that sing365 is apparently related to lyricsforall--the error message says can't link to lyricsforall.com. Why would sing365 have a good search engine when the parent site does not?

I would appreciate a new script for leoslyrics if you can find the time. I would take the time myself if I had the knowhow. Of course, I understand that your efforts are uncompensated gifts. They are much appreciated. I have no expectations of guarantees or anything else. I posted my problem first to find out whether it is a problem on my end, and second to seek your help if it is not.

Randy

Don't let you fool by the sing365 error message. I just did not adjust the text for it.