Program stops responding after tag search

Whenever I try searching with the tag sources the program stops responding and I have to close it for it tot work again. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong or if this is a bug. After I selected a song I pressed tag sources at the top. It doesn't matter if I try discogs, musicbrainz or freedb, it freezes nothing works. I have to use task manager to close it. I have tried giving it time but after about 15 min it still did nothing. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Do you use the newest version of Mp3tag, downloadable from here?

Yes. I downloaded it that day. I double checked and it is v295.

If it stops when accessing the internet, I would check the network access.
Or, as it is some kind of scripting to access the remote pages, it could be that your virus scanner acts up.
Those would be the backyards where I would look.

It seems like it is neither of those. Anyway I manually changed the information using the batch feature so it's not urgent to get it fixed.

I doubt that anything will get fixed on MP3tag's side as there is hardly anything to indentify in your descriptions what the cause may be.
I think that thousands of tag source calls are made daily and yours is the only description that the program locks. If this were a problem that has its root cause in the scripts then many more reports would be in this forum.
I wonder how you could rule out that it has something to do with the network access.