Question about Directory Recursion Operation

I noticed today, that if I have an audio file in a directory alongside more directories with files, dragging the file onto mp3tag also loads up the nested audio files as well.

-root
    |
    +folder with songs
    |
    lonely.mp3

Would it make sense to override mp3tag's recursion option when dragging files, as opposed to folders, on the main window? For some reason the current behavior is not as I expected it to be (never ran into it before, either, since everything in my media library usually gets its own folder) - I guess I just assumed it would behave like mp3utility does, which will recurse only when a folder is dragged on it.

Also, I was reading up a bit on MP4/M4A tags, which have their own format, but mp3tag's homepage says:

"Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit ID3-tags, APE-tags and Vorbis Comments of audio files."

maybe it'd be appropriate to mention MP4/m4a/iTunes/whatever there as well? As is, one might get the impression that mp3tag supports tagging such files with ID3/APE/Vorbis tags.

cheers.

You can disable recursion with CTRL+D or in the Options

I'm aware of that (after all, I had to enable it).. I guess I'm wondering whether the convention currently in place is good, or logical, or consistent with user-expectations?