Question about Text file - Tag Conversion

Hello,

Frequently i put tags info for lots of music file at same time, like Artist, Album, etc.

What i want to know is how can i import and put tags info at once from a text file, exactly?

I had read here how: http://help.mp3tag.de/main_converter.html

But i don't get how and what exactly to put inside txt file and how can i name the txt file.

If this my question already was answered, could be nice if a link for the solution is showed here, since i tryed to find about my question, but couldn't find anything related to my specific question.

I'm not a pro at using mp3tag, just fill up tags boxes for music info.

Thanks.

You might want to have a look at
Text file to TAG

Perhaps that supplies already enough information.
If not tell us the specific problems.

I still don't get it, does it have a well explained and detailed tutorial for that?

You put the tag-information for 1 file in 1 line of the textfile. There has to be a character that is suitable as a separator between the tags. You the define the format string equivalent to the tagt-information in the lines. The name of the textfile doesn't care. The converter asks you for the name and the path or you use the button on the right sight of the input-field for opening the explorer and navigate to the file.

Here an example for the textfile. Let's take the Beatles album "Help!"

01 / The Beatles / Help! / Help! / Pop
02 / The Beatles / Help! / The Night Before / Pop
03 / The Beatles / Help! / You've Got To Hide Your Love Away / Pop
...and so on

The " / " is the separator. To works as a seperator it has to be a character that does not appear in the tag-information itself.

You then load the mp3-files in MP3Tag that are included in the textfile and sort them in the list view exactly in the order of the lines in the textfile. Mark them and use the converter "Textfile - Tag".
The format string for this example should look like this:
%track% / %artist% / %album% / %title% / %genre%

This is only a "must" if you have not included the _FILENAME as part of the record. If _FILENAME is included, then the order of records does not have to match that of the selected files.
Also, if you do not include the filename then the number of records in the text file and the number of selected tracks in MP3tag has to match.

You could also tell us where you have your difficulties. E.g. if you have ever imported a CSV-file into a database program like Access, you should see a lot of similarities.
If you are not part of that target group it becomes much easier to explain if you tell us where you came to a stop and what you have achieved already.
"Pick up your students where they stand" - is a teacher credo.

To be nitpicking ...
the three characters, space slash space ( / ) ...
is not "one separator character" ...
but "one separator character string" of three letters.

The Mp3tag user is allowed to define and apply any suitable format for the input data line, ...
as long as the so called import formatstring reflects the structure of the data line to be imported.
The separator character resp. the separator string must be unique within the import data text file.

In case of the input data line additionally contains the current full pathname of the target file, ...
then ...

• the import data lines need not to be sorted, ...
  • the files in the Mp3tag list view need not to be sorted, ...
    because Mp3tag can identify the target file by the related filepath pointer.

The import formatstring could look like this:
%track% / %artist% / %album% / %title% / %genre% / %_path%
... or ...
%track%%artist%%album%%title%%genre%~~%_path%
... or ...
"%track%";"%artist%";"%album%";"%title%";"%genre%";"%_path%"

It is also possible to apply different separator strings in the import format string, ...
when it makes sense to do so and the import data line contains data structured in the same way ...
%track% - %artist% - %album%|%title%|%genre%##%_path%

DD.20150425.1107.CEST