Questions on Action invocation

Is there anything special about the Standard Action? Is it at any time started automatically? Is there a way to run one action from another? In my action that sets up my tags, I'd like to be able to run the action that contains my filename spelling and capitalization rules. Do I just have to manually duplicate them? And if so, are the actions I've created stored somewhere in text format? I don't find them in data/actions with the three standard actions. Thanks, Terry

What are you calling the 'Standard Action'? I haven't heard that term before.

No. But there is the ability to save selected sets of Action Groups together, which can often accomplish the same thing. Open up the Action Groups dialog and find the 'Utils' button. There you can save the selected action groups from above and give it a name.

You can do that. I do this for some simple actions, replicating them in different Action Groups. Using the above mechanism of saving sets of Action Groupls, though, is more powerful.

Yes, they're in text files - .mta files for Action Groups and .mtg files for the named sets of Action Groups. On my XP Pro system they're in the following folder. Probably different on Vista or Win7.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jim\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\actions

What you're asking for is the feature I requested just a short while ago here: "Run Action Group" as an Action. So, unfortunately, the answer is "No" - the only thing you can do at the moment is to duplicate them.

The actions are stored on a per-user basis, so the ones you have created will be in your "C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Application Data\Mp3tag\data\actions".

Regards,

gvm